Author Topic: The Mall, Thomastown  (Read 37677 times)

Offline OPPO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Mall, Thomastown
« Reply #81 on: Friday 11 June 21 00:37 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I know that Mary married Michael Westerman (shoemaker) and they had 3 daughters.  We also know that 1 daughter, Mary, married postman Paddy Forde and another Bridget Elizabeth, married Peter Briody.  We believe the Briody’s moved away (Peter was in WWII and the family may have moved to Cavan or the UK?).

8mk was last online here in February, but if you make one more post you can then use the PM system to contact them.

My Grandfather was Michael BRIODY, the son of Peter BRIODY and Elizabeth WESTERMAN. 

The BRIODY who served in WW2 was my Grandfather, Michael BRIODY. 

Great information about your grandfather  8)
Have you applied for his service record?

KG

Yes, we have all copies of his service record as well as numerous photographs of him during his service in the Irish Guards and Glider Pilot Regiment.

We also have some records from his father Peter's time in the RIC.

More about the WESTERMAN's, another daughter of Michael WESTERMAN and Mary KAVANAGH, Bridget "Bridie" Mary WESTERMAN, (1884-1954), served in France during WW1 with the British Red Cross as a Nurse.  She went in 1914 and was awarded the 1914 Star, British War and Victory medals.  She married a soldier from the Royal Engineers by the name of Victor FAUVELLE, an Englishman, and their son Michael F|AUVELLE served as an officer with the South Lancashire Regiment in WW2.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Friday 11 June 21 12:38 BST (UK) »

Bridget "Bridie" Mary WESTERMAN.........

She married a soldier from the Royal Engineers by the name of Victor FAUVELLE, an Englishman, and their son Michael F|AUVELLE served as an officer with the South Lancashire Regiment in WW2.

Marriage Jan-Mar 1919
Fauvelle Victor E to Westermann Brigid M       Marylebone    1a  1286

Birth Jul-Sep 1920
Fauvelle    Michael H      Westermann      Paddington    1a  66

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline OPPO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Friday 11 June 21 17:45 BST (UK) »

Bridget "Bridie" Mary WESTERMAN.........

She married a soldier from the Royal Engineers by the name of Victor FAUVELLE, an Englishman, and their son Michael F|AUVELLE served as an officer with the South Lancashire Regiment in WW2.

Marriage Jan-Mar 1919
Fauvelle Victor E to Westermann Brigid M       Marylebone    1a  1286

Birth Jul-Sep 1920
Fauvelle    Michael H      Westermann      Paddington    1a  66

Thanks, that's them!  I've sent a PM to my distant relative above so hopefully we'll be able to exchange information. One of the references my Grandfather had when joining the Irish Guards was Victor FAUVELLE.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Friday 11 June 21 18:17 BST (UK) »

Fingers crossed 🤞 that 8mk has notifications for replies turned on, sees your PM and replies.

If you need further help, just ask.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline OPPO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Friday 11 June 21 19:13 BST (UK) »

Fingers crossed 🤞 that 8mk has notifications for replies turned on, sees your PM and replies.

I may do as I believe this is the same person that contacted me on Ancestry but unfortunately they had their settings not to receive messages so I was unable to reply.  I had hoped they'd be available on this site but they may have made the same settings?

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Monday 11 October 21 22:30 BST (UK) »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLlczeELbhE

You tube clip showing images of Thomastown.

Offline OPPO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Friday 23 June 23 05:58 BST (UK) »

Hi again,  Wondering if you have any way to contact 8mk as we are definitely related. If not, understood... Thanks in advance...

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Saturday 24 June 23 19:31 BST (UK) »
Wondering if you have any way to contact 8mk as we are definitely related. If not, understood...

Hi OPPO,

Like yourself, I'm just a member of RootsChat.

In order to contact 8mk, I think you will need to click 'Contact Support' on the HOME page, and ask the administrators/moderators for assistance. The button is in the bottom right corner of the page.

https://www.rootschat.com/

Offline OPPO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Monday 26 June 23 02:30 BST (UK) »
Wondering if you have any way to contact 8mk as we are definitely related. If not, understood...

Hi OPPO,

Like yourself, I'm just a member of RootsChat.

In order to contact 8mk, I think you will need to click 'Contact Support' on the HOME page, and ask the administrators/moderators for assistance. The button is in the bottom right corner of the page.

https://www.rootschat.com/

Many thanks, I'll do that...  8)