Author Topic: edwards  (Read 8558 times)

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
  • Owen is a name which is found primarily in Wales
    • View Profile
edwards
« on: Monday 20 December 04 20:36 GMT (UK) »
:-* Can anybody help me with this???[ ;D I am having heaps of trouble finding my EDWARDS line. This is what I have so far. Catherine Elizabeth Beagley,b28 February 1827, Chelsea,London,England.m,19 October 1846, Kensington, London, England. to Ephraim Edwards, b,November 1826, Buckingham,London, England. d.Abt. 1893. Wandsworth,Surrey,London,England. I know his fathers name was John. They had two children
1.Waine Edwards, b.Abt. 1863. Chelsea, Middlesex, England.
2. Charlotte Edwards, b.15 February 1868. Chelsea, Middlesex, England. Charlotte I am OK with.
 I have nothing on John Edwards nor can I find his Grandchild Waine after his birth.......can any kind sole out there give me a hand.
M.Owen

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: edwards
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 December 04 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found this family in 1871.  Some of the details match but some don't.  This is the nearest I could come up with:

32 Paradise Walk, Chelsea

Eath EDWARD head married 40 labourer b.Chelsea
Catherine wife 30 b,Camberwell Surrey
Catherine dau 13 b.Chelsea
Hannah dau 10 b.Chelsea
Daniel son 7 b.Chelsea
Charlotte dau 2 b.Chelsea

Where did you get the birth and marriage dates from if you are having trouble finding them? 

Do you have the family in any census?

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 December 04 21:58 GMT (UK) »
This is 1891/1881 Ephraim.

Edwards, Catherine 62 b Surrey Wife     
Edwards, Ephraim 64 b Buckingham Head  LABOURER 

Source information:    RG12/59
Registration district:    Chelsea 
Sub registration district:    Chelsea, North 
Folio:    134 

Ephraim EDWARDS Relationship Inmate Condition M Gender M Age 50 Occupation General Laborer Birthplace Buckingham, England Address "Wandsworth And Clapham Union Infirmary", Battersea, Surrey, England PRO ref RG11/0655 Folio 156 Page 5

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 December 04 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Am hazarding a guess that you got Charlotte and Waine from the 1881 census in Battersea with their mother Catherine - it says Daniel NOT Waine :)

Your next step ............. probably to locate them in the 1861 census

It would appear that Ephraim EDWARDS was born Buckingham ............ meaning Buckinghamshire?  Not London if the 1881 and 1891 census details are correct.  Maybe his wife gave the info for the 1871 and wasn't sure of the truth?

Good luck

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 06:03 GMT (UK) »
:) The Edwards I am seeking ie; ( Catherine Elizabeth Edwards nee Beagley, Ephraim Edwards, There children Waine Edwards and Charlotte Wallace Nee Edwards.) are all my direct line and I have certificates on them. I am after Ephraim's father John Edwards, as I cannot seem to find anything on him. I am also after the whereabouts of Waine Edwards, Ephraim's son, whom after the 1881 census cannot be found. Catherine Elizabeth beagley is my tie to the Edwards name and I have her Bight death and marriage certs. It shows her spouse and their parents, so Ephraim's father John I need to find. any help please let me know but from the 1881 census I have the info thanks.
If I can find Ephraim on a census with his parents I will be on a roll. so again here is what i have, from certs and census records

Certificate of marriage, of Ephraim Edwards,b,November 1825-26, Buckingham,London, England. d, abt. birth deaths and marriages records Abt. 1893.
marr, from certificate 19 October 1846, Kensington, London, England. to Catherine Elizabeth Beagley, b, from cert, 28 February 1827, Chelsea,London,England. children, from family knowledge, birth deaths and marriages, 1.Waine Edwards, b.Abt. 1863. Chelsea, Middlesex, England. found also on 1881 census living with mother nothing after that. 2. Charlotte Edwards, b.15 February 1868, Chelsea, Middlesex, England, d.17 January 1935, Chelsea, London, England, m,24 November 1890, Chelsea, London, England. to, Henry Wallace, b.29 December 1862, London England, d,23 July 1923, Battersea, England. all from certs.
All I am looking for is more on Ephraim's family before marriage and on Waine Edwards the s/o Ephraim after the 1881 census please....................
M.Owen

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found this family in 1871.  Some of the details match but some don't.  This is the nearest I could come up with:

32 Paradise Walk, Chelsea

Eath EDWARD head married 40 labourer b.Chelsea
Catherine wife 30 b,Camberwell Surrey
Catherine dau 13 b.Chelsea
Hannah dau 10 b.Chelsea
Daniel son 7 b.Chelsea
Charlotte dau 2 b.Chelsea

Where did you get the birth and marriage dates from if you are having trouble finding them? 

Do you have the family in any census?

Casalguidi

I have their certificates. Catherine Edwards Nee Beagley birth death and marrige certs.
Marrige shows Married to Ephraim edwards Son of John Edwards.
I need to find the father John.and the son WAINE EDWARDS. after the 1881 census where living with mother I want to find out if he married, and or any children to waine. thanks marie.
M.Owen

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Am hazarding a guess that you got Charlotte and Waine from the 1881 census in Battersea with their mother Catherine - it says Daniel NOT Waine :)

It would appear that Ephraim EDWARDS was born Buckingham ............ meaning Buckinghamshire?  Not London if the 1881 and 1891 census details are correct.  Maybe his wife gave the info for the 1871 and wasn't sure of the truth?

Good luck

Casalguidi
I have certs for my edwards. It is the son Waine after 1881 cenus i cannot find and the grandfather John Edwards who shows as the father on my certs as the father of Ephraim Edwards. DANIEL, IS THE FATHER OF CATHERINE EDWARDS NEE BEAGLEY..........
M.Owen

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Good luck

Casalguidi
:) I understand what Buckinghamshire means, I write it as it appears, Charlotte and Waine are the children of Catherine Elizabeth Edwards nee beagley and yes they show on the 1881 census. I have certs for the mother and father, and need info after the 1881 census I dont seem to be able to find them
M.Owen

Offline playfull_mars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 06:30 GMT (UK) »
This is 1891/1881 Ephraim.

Edwards, Catherine 62 b Surrey Wife     
Edwards, Ephraim 64 b Buckingham Head  LABOURER 

Source information:    RG12/59
Registration district:    Chelsea 
Sub registration district:    Chelsea, North 
Folio:    134 

Ephraim EDWARDS Relationship Inmate Condition M Gender M Age 50 Occupation General Laborer Birthplace Buckingham, England Address "Wandsworth And Clapham Union Infirmary", Battersea, Surrey, England PRO ref RG11/0655 Folio 156 Page 5

Pauline

Hi Pauline, the entry for the Inmate does not fit the dates for my Ephraim Edwards, I need to find his family before marrige and his son waine is he married. I have everything else many  thanks marie........................
M.Owen