Author Topic: John & Mary Ann PEARL Births - Bury St Edmonds  (Read 4418 times)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John & Mary Ann PEARL Births - Bury St Edmonds
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 November 08 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi greensleeves.
Welcome to rootschat.
My Pearl family come from Woolpit and the Rattlesden area.
I am trying to find the connection between the 2 families as William Pearl who married into my Rice family and Ellen Rice the lady he married where supposed to be cousins before they married but am having no luck yet. I have a lot of info about the Rice family and some about the Pearl family but just can not find the link.
Thank you.
William James.
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John & Mary Ann PEARL Births - Bury St Edmonds
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 November 08 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi William - Let me share my Pearls with you; at any rate, those which appear to coincide with yours!  I have:
Mary Ann Pearl, b. 1832, bp. 25 dec 1832, Brettenham.  Her illegitimate child (parish register states 'mother unmarried') is Samuel Pearl, b. 1852, Brettenham.  According to my source, Samuel married Rebecca Calvert, b. Dublin possibly, at Woolpit on 17 October 1874.  I don't have a William as their child - I have Mabel Pearl, b. 26 Aug 1885 at Woolpit.  So it looks as though Samuel and Rebecca had at least  two children, William and Mabel.  Mabel married Alfred Bryan (b. 1884) at Paddington Register Office, London, on 3 Apr 1907.
Is any of that lot of use?  I'd be interested to hear your side of the puzzle!
Regards
Greensleeves
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk