Author Topic: Richard LEWIS - King's Norton - 1901 census  (Read 792 times)

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
Richard LEWIS - King's Norton - 1901 census
« on: Saturday 29 September 07 14:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,
trying to find Richard LEWIS and wife Harriet in the 1901 census.  Married at King's Norton district, September quarter 1897.  Should have had a child or two by then!  I believe the children in total are Richard, Albert, Nellie and Millicent - but I do not know who was born first or if before or after 1901 census.

Any help would be appreciated but not urgent.  This is a side branch of cousins of mine from Harriet's (nee JONES) line.

Many thanks,
Garry
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Lancashire - Forsyth, Haddock, Hanlon

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Staffordshire - Habberley, Mills, Billings, Breeze

Offline kezbomb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard LEWIS - King's Norton - 1901 census
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 September 07 14:43 BST (UK) »
Any idea what year they were born, or where?
I have found this one, but not sure if its the one.

Kerry

harriet lewis 23
richard lewis 26
richard lewis 2

this was in cannock area.

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 September 07 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there Kerry!

thanks for getting back so quickly!  I don't have dates of births for these children.  I obtained the details from someone who then did not get back to me, so that's why I am checking them out.  It could well be they moved away from the King's Norton district after marriage

If Harriet is the right one she will be shown as born in Llandrinio, Montgomeryshire, or somewhere close by.  She was born in 1867 so that ties in very nicely with the age of 23 you show for the 1901 census.

If this ties in, could yet let me see more details of this census return??

Cheers,
Garry
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 September 07 15:06 BST (UK) »
DOH!!!

I can't do my maths....   born 1867 makes her aged 33 in 1901.....   so it looks as though it is not the right one.  Let me know what you think though, Kerry.

Offline kezbomb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 September 07 15:10 BST (UK) »
DOH!!!

I can't do my maths....   born 1867 makes her aged 33 in 1901.....   so it looks as though it is not the right one.  Let me know what you think though, Kerry.

No worries i will have another look.

kerry

Offline kezbomb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 September 07 15:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry cant see anything else, ive tried looking using all the family names but the one i found earlier is the closest.  Hope someone else manages to be of more help to you.

Kerry