Author Topic: Lloyd family - advice/suggestions please  (Read 25707 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lloyd family - advice/suggestions please
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 23:11 BST (UK) »
The Marriage entry from the Rhosymedre Parish Registers states Zachariah Lloyd's Father to be an Elias JONES.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.

Thanks W. R. I'll check that. I must admit this one is confusing me a bit.

Paul.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 23:15 BST (UK) »
Confusion Paul?Its the name of the game!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

coffeecup

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 23:23 BST (UK) »
ha ha ha it's not just me then? Thanks Gadget, the descriptions sometimes on GENUKI don't particularly distingush one place from another, and yes it's confusing! Ask me about St Helens but then that would be dull, this is much more fun........

William thank you for spotting that. I just stuck his name in on the 1851 census and my heart sank when I saw how many there were, and yet again which parish to pick out from the list. That sounds very promising. Well spotted again.  :-*

coffeecup

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 23:30 BST (UK) »
hmmmm? not sure about him William, Elias Jones, he's only 11 and Mariam's 24. I suppose he would grow up a bit by 1859 when Zechariah was born, but never say never. Thanks again.

After thought..............I don't know yet if Mariam is his mother so you might be right?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 23:44 BST (UK) »
A little story, Steph, about my discovery of my Llantysilio ancestors  :)

When the 1881 census came on line, I found my great Grandmother's birthplace had been transcribed as Llandisilan, Denbighshire. I didn't have access to the originals at that stage. Now where on earth was it - I tried Llanelidan, Llansilin, etc. and couldn't find anything. I then searched for all the places that sounded/ looked anything like it in Denbighshire and the neighbouring counties  ::)

Eventually, I did get hold of the film of the 1881 and to me it looked like Llandisilio. Bingo - I knew that place. I'd been there. My Mum always said that some of her ancestors were from 'near the Llandelgla Moors'. I did find her family with the help of a pair of wonderful Canadians who had transcribed all the Denbs and Merionethshire 19th century censuses.

So - trust me, I know the problems and the Llantysilios  ;D

Gadget

PS - what I forgot to add was that she'd married in 1873 and died before the 1891 census, so the 1881 was the only info I had to go on apart from some snippets in the family bible - their wedding cert and a note of her parents' deaths at 'Tan y coed' and their rough ages. But her parents were Robert and Margaret Jones (  :( and there were lots of places/houses called Tan y coed :-\ :-\ :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

coffeecup

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 00:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,

I'm so happy to hear that you got there in the end.  ;D

I'd just nipped off to make a coffee and was thinking to myself how remarkable it is to find out all this info so quickly really, and how people used to get on before all this came online. I can see now why it used to take years.

Without your help and your access to personal records though, it proves that it cannot all be done online without help. I am very appreciative of your input. I can't just pop down to the library from here as I have done with other branches. This community is fantastic. To have access to such experience is much valued.  ;D

My family are just confusing the issue. Grandma saying that Llantysilio is the one that ends in ......gogogoch, I'm not listening to a word of it anymore. As much as my Jackson ancestors were supposed to be Scottish you will recall?!
Ironic that Canadians sorted out the Welsh census records! :o

coffeecup

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 02:15 BST (UK) »
Paul, can I ask again please? The marriage didn't happen to give Elias Jones's occupation did it? Might help to pin point him. I found an Elias Jones a traveller coal miner in Ruabon................happen to just be passing through when the dirty deed was done?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 07:59 BST (UK) »
Elias Jones's occupation was given as Labourer.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 15:37 BST (UK) »
 ;)  it's hard enough to keep up with the Lloyds & the Roberts, let alone the Joneses ::) ( baaaaaad ) I guess the father was named without a marriage taking place, then?  Back when I was looking through the bmd for corwen, there was a birth and death of an Urias Jones Lloyd 1861, but as Gadget says there are tons of Roberts and likely even more Jones than you can shake a stick at.... (  :P whatever THAT expression means!  ;D )

;D  So, now I am curious... was there a marriage listed for Emmanuel, and who might be the father? One in 1883 Corwen Marriages June Q / 11b 593
and another a decade later
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com