Author Topic: ***Rootschat meet - Glasgow - 13/14 October - ****  (Read 32151 times)

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ***Rootschat meet - Glasgow - 13/14 October - ****
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 14 October 07 04:28 BST (UK) »

Well I guess you can't say - there ain't nobody there ! ::)
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I

Offline fivecrates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 14 October 07 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone. Although I only joined the chat room 2 weeks ago, I have to say I left the Peolple Palace feeling as if I had known many of you for much longer (Ann have you remembered yet??). Thank you to the organiser for trying to keep the timetable on track.

Sorry I had to leave early, to savour the atmosphere of another Scottish victory.

Mongoose, I am sure you joined the celebrations after the rugby score!!!
Welsh-McMullan,Welsh-McConville,Welsh-McKay,McMullan-McGinn,McMullan-Killen,McConville-Nugent,Nugent-McQuillan,McConville-Robertson,Hughes-McAllister

Offline Blondie1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 14 October 07 17:43 BST (UK) »
Lovely to meet everyone just one photo to start off

Val
Gibson  Rushton Woodcock Brownhill Marchant/Merchant  Watts  Coleman Hepworth Senior Robinson, Howard Woodall/Woodhall,  Dunbar, Reed/Read.  Allchurch, Rigney Shepherd

Offline Blondie1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sunday 14 October 07 17:48 BST (UK) »
Forgot to put the names on with the photo  forgive me but the football suporters kept me a wake last night !!!

left to right
Pancho, five crates, Ann Barker, Redkop, giil, and Mongoose2
Gibson  Rushton Woodcock Brownhill Marchant/Merchant  Watts  Coleman Hepworth Senior Robinson, Howard Woodall/Woodhall,  Dunbar, Reed/Read.  Allchurch, Rigney Shepherd

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was great to meet everyone - Gerry I still haven't definitely remembered but I think was Longbenton!

What a great day and topped off by Scotland winning at Hampden and England winning both their footie and rugby matches.

Was a weekend to treasure with Alan & Prop's wedding do, wandering round some of my old haunts and meeting folks. Holly our duaghter wants to know when the next one is!

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Gang...managed to blag a laptop off the proprietor here in my Glasgow BnB... Can't download my piccies yet till I get home but just wanted  to say thanks to Julian, Gadget and Missus B  for arranging an Itinerary and to all of you for turning out to  be such a lovely group of people .... My old legs gave way at 5pm I'm afraid and I have  Ann  apanderson  to thank for being so so kind and giving me and OH a lift back to the hotel ..Ann You are a darling I can't thank you enough... Scotland voices could be heard from Hamden Park regaling a famous victory  and England did the impossible double in FOOTBALL AND RUGBY  on the same day! Sorry gang that I didn't get together  with you today as it seems a number of you in the centre of the city didn't get any sleep last night and were heading home by lunchtime .....we are not going back till tomorrow so have been sightseeing today again ... gawd but I can hardly walk now and we're ordering a takeaway tonight !! Pels ...it was lovely to meet you and your Boycott Lookalike... Joe  It was an education meeting you ... I loved your humour and thank you so much for your help and making the day extra specially Gaswegian ;) ;D ;D

Dave ..you guidance round the streets was invaluable and your local knowledge was such an asset . Sonia and Janet .... lovely to put faces to names... Fivecrates and Pancho ,Elaine and sis, thank you too for making us all so welcome in this fabulous city . Barry and Deb... mongoose2 . Again nice to put faces to names.Trystan and Sarah ... s'all your fault !!lol!  Come on Sarah ....where's the piccies that you took? Not least of all a big thankyou to Julian's daughter for putting up with us all for the day

Poll ... Hope I haven't forgotten anyone... apologies if I have but I'm on the second bottle of red now ...  ::) ;)
Oh Yes and for the record GRUMPYBLONDIE ...ISNT EITHER !!!LOL
Oh Yes Thanks for the wedding cake Alan and Prophetess .. God bless you both xx
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline 01debbie

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • My Dear Nan, Sybil Edith Grace Boxall 1909-1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:32 BST (UK) »
Look as though you all had a fantastic time & how lucky you were with the weather (from what I can see!!)

Keep the photo's coming...it's nice to put faces to names :)

Debbie
BOXALL    Portchester & Southampton<br />CLASBY    Southampton<br />HELLYER   Hound, Netley & Southampton<br />MIDLANE   Isle Of Wight<br />PHILLIPS   Botley & Southampton<br />PRICE       Isle Of Wight<br />VERONELLI/VEARONELLY/VERONELLY & variants ANY<br />WAREN     London<br />WINTER    S.E. London

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:47 BST (UK) »
Poll, that was delightfully put.  You were a great bunch, but I'd reiterate those special thanks to our friends from Glasgow and surrounding area for demonstrating the warmth, humour and spark that makes Glasgow such a special place.

Thanks to everyone who came.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I hope Mr PollDoll, Mr Pels and Mitchell's sister had a good day and now understand why PollDoll, Pels and Mitchell are so attached to their RootsChat community.  And thanks too to Sarah and Trystan for hacking up to Glasgow - it was great to see our caretakers mixing with the punters.

In thanking people, mustn't forget Gadget who drove the initial planning - you don't know what you missed young lady!

Some reflections on organising a meeting to follow when it's all sunk in a bit more - especially about what is manageable in a single day.  Apologies to aspin about the dispappearing sunday morning programme - we hadn't computed that the impact of the soccer international would still be felt well into the next morning.

Here's what I think is the definitive full line-up, courtesy of my very patient daughter, except Pels has succeeded in hiding again  ::)

joekar, janglaschu, julianb, Sarah, Trystan, Mr PollDoll, Timothy, grumpyblondie, apanderson, daval57, Fivecrates, pancho, mongoose2, gjil, Ann Baker, redkop, (Pels in hiding), Mr Pels, Mitchell, Michell's sister.

ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Sunday 14 October 07 18:53 BST (UK) »
Did someone photoshop me out of the pic then ???? :o :o ;D
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople