Author Topic: John Bartlett born c.1846 Walworth, Surrey  (Read 676 times)

Offline elaines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Bartlett born c.1846 Walworth, Surrey
« on: Tuesday 21 December 04 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find out any information on John T Bartlett born circa 1846 in Walworth, Surrey

On the 1871 census he was a carpenter, married to Emma [Thompson] and they had one son clled James born 1870 - on the 1881 census Emma is widowed, James' name doesn't show so assume he has died but there are 2 further sons listed - William b. 1871 and Henry b. 1873

Many thanks
Cresswell - Staffordshire, Bassick- Worsley, Manchester & Durham, Bartlett - Reigate, Marylebone/Pancras + Bethnal Green, German, Cook & Pooley - St Osyth + Essex, Bradshaw & Drage - Northampton + Hackney/Bethnal Green, Strange - Hackney/Bethnal Green,  Maguiness/McGuiness - Hackney/Stepney,  Sach - Essex

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Bartlett born c.1846 Walworth, Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 December 04 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Could only find you two possibilities on what is so far indexed for 1861 - you would need someone to look them up for you as I don't have this part of the census.
John 17, in Bermondsay, Leather Marked ref
RG9 - 324 f4a and
Clerkenwell St Giles RG9 191 - 132a
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline elaines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 December 04 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for looking up the info - I will check it out to see if it connects
Cresswell - Staffordshire, Bassick- Worsley, Manchester & Durham, Bartlett - Reigate, Marylebone/Pancras + Bethnal Green, German, Cook & Pooley - St Osyth + Essex, Bradshaw & Drage - Northampton + Hackney/Bethnal Green, Strange - Hackney/Bethnal Green,  Maguiness/McGuiness - Hackney/Stepney,  Sach - Essex

Offline wjsmyth

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 January 05 11:19 GMT (UK) »
hi i am researching the names bartlett from walworth london it is my wifes family and she has a john bartlett in her ancestory on the 1871 census he was listed as living at 21 ladds court. with wife annie they had the following childern.alice amelia. charles.florence henryj.james .johnr and robertc.on the census on the census john snr was stated as born marlebone is this of any instrest to you if it is you can access me direct on Email address removed by moderator to prevent spam - please contact using a personal message     :) many thanks john
researching smyth.savage. mccoy.mccutcheon.king.
these are the names i am most intrested in some others are holland .rooney.and fisher with county down ireland connections