Author Topic: McINTOSH family of 15  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Fransmoi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
McINTOSH family of 15
« on: Wednesday 03 October 07 01:49 BST (UK) »
My late mother-in-law LIL - Mrs MARY ANN LILIAS MacLeod born McINTOSH was one of 15 children of ALEXANDER McINTOSH and CATHERINE FRASER in the FORRES area of Morayshire.

At one time they lived at Dyke or Kintessack and her father drove a horse and cart delivering lemonade .She talked of RAFFORD also and I think that was where her father was born.

She and her sister( KATE ?)stayed behind in Nairn when the rest of their large family emmigrated to CANADA arriving in MONTREAL in May 1924.

Their brother JIMMY had been killed in the first World War in 1918.
KATE it was I think who lived at 6 Commercial Street,Nairn.
LIL married JIM MacLEOD , Lochdhu ,in Nairn in 1925.

LIL would count off the names of her siblings on her fingers and how I wish I could have remembered exactly but I think the 15 were :-

LIL herself,KATE,BELLA,JOCK,WILLIAM, MAY, DAVE, TOM, RUBY, ADAM, JEAN' JESSIE, ALISTAIR, BETTY and their brother JIMMY lost in war.

JESSIE's husband JIM ACTON visited us about 1987 by which time she had passed on. They'd had 2 children and 3 grandchildren. He thought that RUBY had married a ROSS and had 3 children, that JEAN's married name was FONTAINE and had 1 child.BETTY had become Mrs WRIGHT.

JESSIE and JIM ACTON had been married 5 months short of 50 years from 1936 to 1986.He had a sister in the South of England and his brother was in an R.A.F.home in Bexhill.

Do get in touch if you recognise any of these folks before I too join the ancestors !

Aird,Anderson,
Babington,
Bothwell,
Clark,
Dunford,
Errington,
Fleming,Forrest,
Gerrard,
Kinghorn,
Leslie,Loudon,Lumsden,
Mackenzie ,MacLeod,McLeod,Milne,Montgomery,
Ramsay,Ross ,Rust