Author Topic: Re: John Vigar born 1713 Balcombe and Eastwood family of Mayfield  (Read 32771 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Vigar born 1713 Balcombe and Eastwood family of Mayfield
« Reply #36 on: Monday 20 September 10 09:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you Suey, that's very useful.  I think I'm going to print it out and put it with my Mayfield PR disc.

Kerry  :)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 20 September 10 09:33 BST (UK) »
If I'm reading that all right it could well be that John Eastwood was actually born and baptised in Mayfield rather than anywhere else but just not recorded.

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline brenda R

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 23 October 10 19:01 BST (UK) »
kerry,
I follow the Eastwood family. I come down through  William 1714.  I only follow my own line, but make a note of any others I find. There is an older brother of William named John 1706. Could this be your John?. I have not got a marriage, but have childrens Baptisms :-
 9 Dec 1739 Sarah
28 June 1741  Elizabeth
18  july 1742  Mary
  4 Sep 1743 Esther
  1Jan  1745 Anne
27Apr 1747 Susanna
25 Dec 1749 James
 6 Feb 1751 John
  3 Mar 1754 Martha
 29 Apr 1756 Thomas
  3 Dec 1759 Hannah
all children of John & Elizabeth Eastwood
 If this is the correct John  he is the son of John Eastwood & Ann Piper
 The only other entry I have is  a burial   
 6 Jan1752 John  son of John & Elizabeth
 I hope this helps, I found this site by accident looking for something else this afternoon.
 brendaR

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 23 October 10 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Brenda,

welcome to rootschat and welcome to the Eastwood clan, there do seem to be a lot of us!!!

My line also comes through William born 1714 and his brother was John born 1706.  He appears to be the John who married Elizabeth Pet in 1739 and they had the children as you detail.

The John I am looking for is John (1706) and William 1714 father.  I have his marriage but not his baptism.

Which of William's children is in your line?

Kerry

Offline brenda R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 23 October 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry ,
I looked througj the Mayfield Film at least three times before I found the marriage . John Istod & Ann Piper. I have not found his baptism yet myself , I have not done much Family history this year, I must get back to it and get the Mayfield film again to look at. The trouble is they are very hard to read the older they get. I have1678 as John`s birth year but I` m not sure where I got it from. Hopes that helps.
 I come down through a long line of Eastwoods William 1714, William1743,   William 1782,   John 1821, John 1839, Harriet 1862 where the name changes to Johnson, Annie married a May, my mum Emma married a Munday
  Regards Brenda

Offline jodz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 01 January 11 22:22 GMT (UK) »
hi, im new to rootschat ... i was wondering if anyone can help me ... im trying to find john eastwood/istod c1678. i know he married ann(e) piper 1676. he was borm in mayfield sussex but i cant go any further back. hit a brick wall!!

also ann monk 1719, (wiliam eastwood's 1714 wife) because someone has told me that she died in march 1775 but was buried 1 april 1779!!!!

can anyone help please?

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 02 January 11 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jodz,

I think everyone is stuck with the baptism of John Eastwood, quite a few of us on Rootschat have him in our family tree.

I have Ann Monk buried 11 Jan 1799 in Burwash, that is from the SFHG database, now whether that agrees with others research I do not know.

Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 02 January 11 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi jodz and welcome

I have same date as swebby for Ann's burial - 11 Jan 1799.

Kerry

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 02 January 11 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Looks like some interesting stuff on some of the Eastwood family from Burwash in the following book.
http://books.google.com/books?id=crBDTK1AHTcC&printsec=frontcover&lr=&hl=fr&sig=oNBuIXaWFbBChtJJUXKAUY_-R8A#v=onepage&q&f=false
There is a whole chapter in crime in Burwash from p169, I haven't looked through it all but p210-212 has some Eastwood stuff in there as well as many other Sussex families.

Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)