Author Topic: Re: John Vigar born 1713 Balcombe and Eastwood family of Mayfield  (Read 32778 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Vigar born 1713 Balcombe and Eastwood family of Mayfield
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 02 January 11 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks swebby, unfortunately I can't see beyond page 143, I just get preview and an option to buy from amazon for $105!!!!

Kerry

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 02 January 11 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Strange,

Here is an excerpt on a blog which led me to it, it has the bits about the Eastwoods.
http://www.funnell.org/archives/thomas-funnell-burwash-gangster-1838/

Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 02 January 11 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sean

I've just been searching on Ancestry, filling in a bit of time before Casualty looking at early Eastwood trees.

There are 52 trees on ancestry that all give the parents of John eastwood born 1679 at Joseph Eastwood and Hannah Kinder??  I've done various SMI checks and baptism record searches and can find no record of either of these two people at all.  Do you know anything about these two or is a case of everyone copying 1 wrong tree?

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 02 January 11 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Well there is a thread on them on Rootschat, doesn't look likely it is them.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,250610.msg1384279.html
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 02 January 11 21:23 GMT (UK) »
thanks swebby!

It appears the Ancestry trees are completely wrong then.  They have them born 1650 and in Sussex so no wonder I couldn't find them. 

My money is still on Sarah born 1676 in Mayfield being our John's sister.  I have a will somewhere for Henry Monk who left money to his daughter Ann Isted or Ested, can't remember without pulling out the will, married to William who I take to be William son of John and Ann Piper.

Kerry

Offline jodz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 02 January 11 22:05 GMT (UK) »
hi, thanks for the replies, so she was buried in 1799 ... you are probably right ... i cant remember who it was that told me ... someone on GR ...

there is also something else that bugging me ... i dont spose anyone has heard of genty eastwood ... owned a scrap metal yard in dartford kent roughly in the 70's/80's ... she is apparently a relation but i have no idea how ... she married a john eastwood ... i have no idea if they were both eastwood's or if her maiden name is different ... the only people i can ask have died so im completely stuck!!!! ...

if anyone can help it will be much appreciated ...

Offline jodz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 20:22 GMT (UK) »
hi,

do any of u have john eastwood 1679 parents as joseph eastwood and hannah kinder?

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jodz,

If you look at the 3 threads above your last reply you will see that we discussed Joseph and Hannah and decided that it was virtually impossible for them to be his parents.

Regards
Sean

Offline jodz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 09 January 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
hi sean,

sorry to ask that i was just getting confused with all the names so i thought i would just ask lol ... eastwood's are hard to trace and so complicated