Author Topic: 1841 Census lookup Request Please For James Easterbrook Rossiter  (Read 5612 times)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "The truth is out there",Special Agent Fox Mulder
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census lookup Request Please For James Easterbrook Rossiter
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 May 06 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Biker,

Thanks for that and thanks for taking the time and trouble to look them up for me.

Best wishes

rcuser
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline arunine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 November 11 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello from Australia. Are you still looking for a James Easterbrook Rossiter. It seems that he was my Great, Great grandfather.
From an e-mail from my neice 2 years ago.    'I have finally confirmed and located John's (my great grandfather's) brother James. Actually his half-brother. John's mother died whilst he was a baby and his dad John remarried and had five more children, two of whom survived, James and Thomas. More interestingly John Senior and his wife Ann ended up in Australia with their kids, and died in Melbourne and are buried in Melbourne General Cemetery!!! i have managed to go back one more generation in England with John Snrs parents called James Rossiter and Ester or Elizabeth Easterbrook. John Senior also had a brother called James Easterbrook Rossiter who settled in the same area of London and had a bunch of kids.'
 My Great grandfather was born on 28th December 1835 at Westminster, St. James and died on 1st December 1930. On his marriage certificate there is a James Rossiter.
John; my great grandfather, married Emily Woods and had 13 children.
I will have to get more information from GGF John's family bible which my elder brother has, if more information is needed.
Cheers, John L. Rossiter. (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 November 11 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi arunine/John,

Thank you for your posting. I have James Rossiter Senior and Esther ( or Elizabeth) Easterbrook in my database plus their descendants.I have James Easterbrook Rossiter ( the son) born circa 1800 but not sure where , his wife Ann Clifton and their seven children. I also have John Easterbrook Rossiter born circa 1805 not sure where, with his wife Anne Butcher and three children. At present I have them as brothers becausee I did not know about the second marriage or indeed the other five children.

However, in a different part of my database I have John Rossiter married to Emily Woods with 13 children who must have been born in Australia but I'm not sure which part. I have John listed as the son of John Rossiter & Sarah Robinson but no details on either at present.

It looks like I need to re-jig these separate pieces of information.Do you have a document which lists the family tree so that I can update my database so that it accurately reflects reality please?

I am still trying James and Esther/Elizabeth's parents and am unable at present to link James senior to his ancestors. Any information would be greatly appreciated please.TIA.

Best wishes, rcuser

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline arunine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 July 12 05:29 BST (UK) »
Hello rcuser, Sorry it has been so long in replying.
I think you are correct in John Rossiter's parents being John and Sarah Robinson, then Sarah died and he married Elizabeth Easterbrook with James Easterbrook his half brother.
John and Emily's 13 children were :-
Augustus John    1/8/1868 in Camperdown, Victoria Aus.   died Ringwood 6/9/1948
Horace James     24/7/1870            "                 "       "          died no record
Percy Seymour   13/4/1872    Seymour                  "              Yarram -/7/1937
Amy Grace         18/4/1837          "                        "              Kilmore 14/2/1874
Norman              10/9/1874   Kilmore                                    Died no record
Edgar                 25/9/1876    Port Albert                "                       "
Oscar                  28/9/1877         "                                                 "
Ralph Palmer      25/6/1879          "                                                 "
Effie May            19/5/1881          "                                        Yarram 18/1/1946
Henry Byron       12/9/1882          "                                        Died no record
Francis               13/11/1883       "                                          Port Albert 9/1/1884
Frank Gordon     31/12/1885        "                                                '         2/4/1886
Harold Leslie       29/3/1887          "                                         No record
That's all for now. John Leslie Rossiter.

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 July 12 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi arunine/John,
Many thanks for the information which has allowed me to update what I have and move on  a bit.

Looking at the data, it seems that John Rossiter & Esther Easterbrook named their children John Easterbrook Rossiter and James Easterbrook Rossiter respectively.

John Easterbrook Rossiter born 1805 marries Sarah Robinson in 1831 and and has 2 children Sarah born 1834 & John born 1835 remaining as an earlier child died. Wife Sarah dies in 1837 and John marries Ann Butcher between 1837 and 1842 who produces Thomas born 1842 and James born 1849. Not sure at this stage whether John's sons had the Easterbrook name inserted.

James Easterbrook Rossiter born 1800 marries Ann Clifton in 1824, has at least 9 children and then died in London circa 1844.

John born 1835 marries Emily Wood in 1867 and they have the children you so kindly listed.

Can't remember if I have asked this but do you have Emily's birth date and place of birth please? I believe she was born in Australia but don't know when or where.

I've tried to follow on from the new data and found Augustus John did marry but I do not know who at present.He had 3 sons(Alwyn, Frank & another) and 3 daughters ( Auriole Griffiths plus 2 others) All I have are their names at the moment.

I've found an online obituary for Effie May Rossiter where all the ones where you have marked "no record" were alive so we know they died after January 18th 1946.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, rcuser

Offline Helena123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, newly registered here as have been viewing these Rossiter posts with great interest. James Easterbrook is my 3x great grandfather if I have everything correct! Although I can't locate more than 4 children with Ann Clifton, the same ones Biker listed earlier in this thread, and there were 9 mentioned?? Also can't find anything further about his parents John Rossiter and Esther Easterbrook, did anyone have any luck?
Thanks
Helena
Rossiter, Sellars, Varian, Pugh

Offline arunine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 September 13 05:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to find information about the parents & families of James Easterbrook Rossiter and his wife Ann.

They had at least 2 children Charles born about 1827 Christened in St James, Westminster and a brother Thomas christened there too in 1838.

I'm guessing that Easterbrook was James's mother's maiden name but have nothing further at this stage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.TIA.

best wishes

rcuser

Sorry rcuser, got lost in a time warp.
Emily Woods was born 21 September 1867 in Melbourne Australia.
Augustus John, my grandfather and Clarice Dawson had these children:- Effie Aurileen (Lou) 13 June 1907 - 2008; Eileen Emily 10 August 1908 - __ ; Alwyn John 18 January 1910 (my father) - 4 November 1948; Reginald Gordon 2 February 1919 - 19 November 1932; Frank Valentine (Tod) 10 August 1912 - __ ; Oscar Leslie (Tarz) 15 January 1917 - __; May Iris 25 November 1914.
Enter James Easterbrook Rossiter into google and look at the results.

Offline Kara.R.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking for living family with past intrest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 February 14 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Me and my children are the last descendants of the Rossiter family, (we are the last to carry the name) that i am aware of?

I am very knowledgeable of my past family but to which Rossiter family you are researching is key?
I do know that the names you gave are all members of my past family?
Mainly James Rossiter.
I am the great great grand daughter of Jacob and Marie/Mary Rossiter, if this is a start to help you please feel free to ask more with a reply?
Rossiter
Donaldson

Offline arunine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 February 14 14:10 GMT (UK) »
The Rossiters I am writing about are from Australia except for maybe Thomas Easterbrook Rossiter who stayed in Middlesex/London.