Author Topic: adding pics to tree - FTM  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
adding pics to tree - FTM
« on: Saturday 06 October 07 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am wanting to produce a printed family tree with photos of individuals next to their names - can you do this on Family Tree Maker does anyone know?

thanks
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
Re: adding pics to tree - FTM
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 07 00:16 BST (UK) »
You didn't mention which version of FTM you are using so I'm assuming it is a fairly recent version i.e. FTM-2005 or later.

If you click on help and type in Picture/Object Insert it will tell you how to insert a picture into Scrapbook.

As far as I can see you could print the picture if you are creating a book rather than a chart.  If you click on Books from the toolbar menu and then New Book.  I think you can include scrapbook as something to include with the book.  You may need to select Custom Report and fiddle around with that to get all the items you require.
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polidor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: adding pics to tree - FTM
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 07 10:53 BST (UK) »
I have FTM 2005---if you bring up the person on the family page and left click on their name and then left click on the little picture that says 'scrapbook' underneath the personal details it brings up another page with a 'picture' frame on it. Right click on the frame and it gives you options on where to install your photo from.  Poli.
Behling---- London
Bridges---- London
Copperwheat----Bedfordshire---Norfolk
Denton----Bedfordshire
Edwards----Wales
Evans----N.Wales
Farrow----Norfolk
Hughes----N.Wales
Jones----Wales---Bedfordshire
Lambert----London
Larmouth/uth----London
Ostler----Norfolk