Author Topic: (de) Nedonsel  (Read 3156 times)

Offline chasbaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
(de) Nedonsel
« on: Saturday 06 October 07 17:42 BST (UK) »
Has anyone come across this name in London, 1780-1800 please?

Peter Francis Denedonsel was a 'tailor and chapman' who was in partnership with my gggggfr for a while.

What I have is:

Louis Bazalgette was in partnership with two others while trading as ‘Taylors and Drapers’ at the (22) Lower Grosvenor Street property, and perhaps earlier, but we do not know when this partnership began.  These partners were Peter Francis Denedonsel of James Street and Thomas Smith, of Park Street, Grosvenor Square, both described as ‘Taylor, Dealer and Chapman’.  This partnership was dissolved in 1795.

January 29, 1795
Notice is hereby given, that the Partnership between Louis Bazalgette, Peter Francis Denedonsel, and Thomas Smith, of Grosvenor Street, Grosvenor Square, in the County of Middlesex, Taylors, in this Day dissolved by mutual Consent; and all Debts owing by the said Partnership will be paid by the said Louis Bazalgette, and all Debts due and owing thereto will be received by him and Mr. Dawson, Solicitor, Warwick Street, Golden Square, who are authorized to receive the same.

Louis Bazalgette.
 P. F. Denedonsel.
 Tho. Smith.
            [London Gazette]

Both of these men were then declared bankrupt, so the dissolution ‘by mutual Consent’ does not quite ring true.  It is more likely that the two were cheating Louis, and he quite generously offered them the option of a ‘mutual’ parting instead of having them arrested.  They then either declared bankruptcy because they had to sell everything to make restitution, or as a stratagem to avoid having all of their assets seized.

LDS Family Search shows a Pierre Francois Nedonsel being christened on 30 MAY 1757  at Volckerinckhove, Nord, France, but dying on 11 SEP1757, Parents Pierre Nedonsel and Eustasia Beurey.  All this fits rather well, so possible my Peter Francis was a 'replacement' for the dead infant.

Interested in any connections anyone might have.

Best wishes,
Charles

Bazalgette, but mainly not FH information.
Has written a biography of Jean Louis Bazalgette - "Prinny's Taylor"