Author Topic: Royal Artillery WW2  (Read 5873 times)

Offline RAISEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Artillery WW2
« on: Saturday 06 October 07 20:50 BST (UK) »
HI  EVERY ONE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE WW2 SERVICE RECORDS FOR GEORGE FREDERICK CLEMENS YOUR HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Re: ROYAL ARTILLERY WW2
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 October 07 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Raisen

Welcome to Roots

You could try contacting these people as this is where I got my father's service records from.

Officers or Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997

Army Personnel Centre
HQ Secretariat
Historical Disclosures
Mail Point 400
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX

It will cost you some money, I believe it to be about £30 now, plus I think you have to prove you are Kin to  the above person. I know when I did it had to fill some forms in, to get them, even though I had some of my father's paperwork already.

Good Luck

regards

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RAISEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 07 12:04 BST (UK) »
hi rick  thanks for the info looks like i will end up spending some pennys

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 October 07 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Raisen

There might be other ways, but that is the only way that I know of, all depends how desperate you are to find out. I know when I got my late fathers details, I also found out that he never collected his medals from world war 2, so sent of for them, thats more paperwork, but they cost nothing, and I am now the proud owner of three war medals that belonged to my dad. They are in a glass cabinet with a photo of him in his army uniform.

good luck, hope you find some info on him

regards
ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk