Author Topic: Epping High Street  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Epping High Street
« on: Sunday 07 October 07 16:51 BST (UK) »
If anyone lives in Epping would they mind having a quick look at number 100 High Street (if it's still there) and telling me whether it's a house or a shop. George Mantell, taylor and draper used to live there in 1851

cheers

Jillie
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)

Offline keldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Epping High Street
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 07 17:24 BST (UK) »
This shows it is certainly an old building, but whether a shop or house I cannot tell. The barn must be out of the back of the premises.

Epping Council
“Listed Building Consent FOR Curtilage Grade II Listed building application for conversion of barn into habitable space and erection of a single storey lean-to as a shed.”
http://www.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/Library/files/planning/Weekly_List_Applications_05/decisions1005.pdf

Phil
historyhouse.co.uk

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 07 17:33 BST (UK) »
Wow Phil, thanks for that. So the building is obviously still in existance. Must try and take a trip down the M11 one weekend and get a photo

thanks

Jillie
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 October 07 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jillie

There are some photographs of buildings in the High Street at Epping, including no. 100 (assuming the numbering hasn't changed over the years :-\) at www.imagesofengland.org.uk

You will need to register to view them

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 October 07 17:56 BST (UK) »
Casalguidi,
Excellent! I'd forgotten all about that site. They announced recently they had photographed all the listed buildings.

Phil