Author Topic: Marriage at Pavenham please  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Marriage at Pavenham please
« on: Monday 08 October 07 17:16 BST (UK) »
If there is anyone who has access to parish records for Pavenham - please could you look up the marriage of Robert Tysoe and Mary White on 3rd June 1819 for me?

It's on the IGI, but I would like to know whether or not Robert is a widower from Stevington/Steventon. (I'm hoping that he is.)

All help gratefully received.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage at Pavenham please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 October 07 23:34 BST (UK) »
There are two Robert TYSO/Es in Stevington in 1803 National Defence list [one is Military Class 3 & the other Class 4]...but same year there were a few in Turvey too including another Robert [Military Class 4 - it seems to have been a popular Christian name]

The TYSO/Es appear to have been Baptist [Calvanists] in Stevington too if you look at the Beds Archives online search site

cathy
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy, thanks for that. I didn't know about the National Defence list.  Can you tell me what military class 3 and 4 mean?   

I have traced my Tysoe family in Stevington back to a Robert who was baptised as an adult (so I thought that he might well be a Baptist) in 1829 and was the son of another Robert and Rebecca.  I have found Robert and Rebecca's marriage.   Rebecca died in1814, but there is a Robert Tysoe born c1775 living in Stevington in 1841 with a wife named Mary.   

Offline cathymcc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 October 07 19:25 BST (UK) »
Class 1 was under 30 & unmarried
Class 2 - between 30 & 50, unmarried & no children
Class 3 - between 17 & 30, or 2 children under 10 years
Class 4 - ...unmarried men over 50; or married men over 30; or married men between 17 & 30 with more than 2 children under 10 years. 

They did not count children over 10 as being dependent I know

cathy
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 October 07 16:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you Cathy.

Offline cathymcc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 October 07 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hello

I had a quick look at UK National Archives [clicked on 'search the archives'] and entered
''Robert Tysoe'' in the box - not really expecting to find anything...but there is info on:

Robert Tysoe, yeoman, of Turvey in the 1660s who was in trouble for being a quaker!  And an entry for a Robert Tysoe of Stevington too [all those villages are near each other]

Scrol down all the entries and there is a couple of entries - that is a bit earlier than you want

I will look through your original request to see if Robert did marry in the C of E chuch in Pavenham + I think there may be Wills 17th/18th Cs

cathy

Offline cathymcc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 October 07 17:34 BST (UK) »
oops,

Try Tyso at UK National Archives too?

Offline cathymcc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 26 October 07 16:31 BST (UK) »
Gallium

Robert Tysoe [widower of Stevington] married Mary White [widow of Pavenham] on the 5rd Set 1819 in Pavenham

Mary signed her name on the register but Robert made his mark [X]

Witnesses: John Griggs and Thomas Pool - they both signed the register

So you were right about him!

I found lots of other interesting info about the TYSOEs so will send you a message with it in.

cathy

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 October 07 20:15 BST (UK) »
Yipee!  Thanks Cathy. 

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner, as I have been away, but thank you very much for the time you have spent looking for Tysoes for me.   I am looking forward to  having a proper look through the other information you have sent and seeing how it fits together tomorrow.

regards, Gallium