Author Topic: How big a place is west Felton, or Rednall  (Read 5256 times)

Offline slewis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How big a place is west Felton, or Rednall
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy
  You are a star thanks so much for all your help, I will be in contact with the Archives.
                       Kind regards Sue
Povah Liverpool,wrexham
Kelly, Manchester, Yorkshire
Crook Liverpool, Bolton
Yeo,Barrow in Furness, Stoke Damerel

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 17:38 BST (UK) »

You're welcome :D

I've had a look for Thomas' birth but unfortunately there is more than one in the Oswestry registration district (district for West Felton) in the right timescale :'( :'(  That doesn't help much, does it?

With a name like Davies, I suppose that was expected!!

Did Thomas marry?  If he did, to whom?
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline slewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 October 07 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy
  Thomas married Sarah Ann Wilding born abt 1847 Birkenhead, Cheshire, they were married at St peter Liverpool 1882. their daughter Rachel born 1883 was my grandmother.
                      Thanks again for your help
                            Regards Sue  :) :)
Povah Liverpool,wrexham
Crook Liverpool, Bolton

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 October 07 22:36 BST (UK) »

Thomas married Sarah Ann Wilding born abt 1847 Birkenhead, Cheshire, they were married at St peter Liverpool 1882.

Have you got a copy of the marriage certificate?  If so, please post full details.

Thanks ;)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline slewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 October 07 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy
 I am sorry I have'nt got it yet I have just found all this information,  and with the post the way it is  at the mowment,  I only have Rachel Birth certificate.
                       Sorry Sue
Povah Liverpool,wrexham
Crook Liverpool, Bolton

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 October 07 17:15 BST (UK) »

No need to apologise Su :)  I always like to check these things ;)

I have just had an idea about getting the correct birth certificate for Thomas.  You could always apply using his parents' names as checking point.  You will still get charged, but not the full £7.

It would, however, be useful if we could find out Thomas' mother's maiden name first, which would be an extra checking point.

You say you have found the family in all the census.....have you got John & Jane in the 1861 living at Smithy, Osbaston, Shropshire (have I found the right ones?).  Interestingly, their places of birth are shown as Fitz, Salop and Wrexham, Denbighshire respectively.

I'm going to have a nose around and see what I can find, in the meantime, can you post the other census details please - just the full references numbers will do!!!!!

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 October 07 17:20 BST (UK) »
Thomas married Sarah Ann Wilding born abt 1847 Birkenhead, Cheshire, they were married at St peter Liverpool 1882

I can't find them in the complete marriage index (on Ancestry) for any of the Quarters in 1882 ???

Offline slewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 13 October 07 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy
   I am sorry I should have said, Sarah Ann wilding had been married befor to a Wiliam Jepson, if you look at Lancashire bmd its under Davies and Jepson.
In 1861 John and Jane are in Rednall and have one of their grandchildren Emma 13 months West Felton living with them.
                         Regards Sue
Povah Liverpool,wrexham
Crook Liverpool, Bolton