Author Topic: ENDEAN Family  (Read 23844 times)

Offline chewiebeast

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ENDEAN Family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 February 08 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Looking at the St Columb stuff I have, Henry was probably the son of Michael b. c1550. He had siblings Jone, Thomasyn, Christopher, Robert and Humphry
thanks for the assistance on this :)
regards
Damien

Offline united

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 February 08 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Damien and Kris
My interest in this family is Robert's daughter, Elizabeth, baptised 19 April 1761 in Newlyn East.  She married Robert Glanville and was my 4xgreat grandmother!  I have never been able to find a suitable marriage for Robert, but believe his wife to be called Ann.
I contacted another researcher via the Cornwall Family History Society some years ago and he send me quite a bit of information, going back several generations.  Some of it I have seen for myself in the PRs or PR transcripts held at the Record Office in Truro - some, not yet - a case for another holiday I think!
Much of what Kris has said tallies with the information I have, some is slightly different - rather that type it all out here, I will email it to you, Damien and you can make of it what you will ...!!  The one thing I will say here - for Kris' benefit - Jone Jaffaril is really Jone DASPERIL - and Heny had a thing about Jones - he married two of them!
Perhaps if you are interested in Robert - you know whom he married ???

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 February 08 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi united,

The one thing I will say here - for Kris' benefit - Jone Jaffaril is really Jone DASPERIL

Sorry, but I after pawing over the actual PR's on microfiche for hours yesterday I shall stick to Jaffaril which I suspect should probably be Jeffery although it really does look like ril. (Can't find any such name as that either.) Dasperil has come from a transcript and to my eye is very wrong.  No way, not in my wildest dreams can I accept that it is starting with a D. Sorry but I am a loss to see how anybody could. If that is a D the lady's name is Done Daffaril because they are identical. The middle letters I believe are f's. (They look Identical to what I see as Jaffary - transcribed Jeffrey. It looks so much like the entry a little above it.)

The entries I have provided I have viewed in the PR's. What else do you disagree with?

Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline united

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 February 08 21:45 GMT (UK) »
OK Kris - I bow to your better eyesight, particularly if you have the PR fiche in front of you!   ;)  I have seen the entry, but looked at it in Truro a few minutes after seeing the entry in the transcript there, so maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see!  And it was several years ago ....!
The other minor discrepancies are a couple of dates:
Henry Endean - son of Henry and Jone (whatever she is called!) - I have the date as 11 May 1619 - not April
Arthur - son of Henry and Jone - I have his baptism date as 1 October 1631
Again, I am prepared to admit defeat - I may even have typed up my notes wrongly!!
I should have just typed up the lot here in the first place!
I have a couple of other generations, but have not looked at these for myself at all - maybe if you have the fiche, you could confirm - or deny - these:
Henry - the one who married Jone - born c1566 in St Columb Minor - I have looked for this but could not find it
Henry's father believed to be Michael born c1540 - Michael appears to have a sister, Jenett
Michael's father may be Thomas, a millar, born 1510 in Mawgan - died 1568 in St Columb Minor
Thomas, the millar, may be the son of William, born c1480 in St Eval
These earlier generations are on my list of jobs next time I go to Cornwall - hopefully this summer - any other suggestions gratefully received!

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 February 08 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi United,

Henry Endean - son of Henry and Jone (whatever she is called!) - I have the date as 11 May 1619 - not April
Arthur - son of Henry and Jone - I have his baptism date as 1 October 1631

Sorry I too make mistakes. These early records are very hard to read. Looking again I agree Henry is May 11 .  :-[

I will alter my earlier entry. as to Arthur I have the 1 Oct also  ???

Edit: I went to alter Henry and I have May  ???

The St Col Minor records start in 1560. I will see if I can find Henry Later. Do you have a possible date? They are very hard to read.

Don't go way - I am working on posting a pic. If I can convince one person that Jone's name is not Dasperil I will feel my time has been well served on this.  ;D

Offline chewiebeast

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 February 08 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi
The bits I have show the name as Dasparil as well - transcriptions from the OPC, but having not seen these originals I'm not going to argue the point! :)
regards
Damien

Offline united

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 18 February 08 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Kris - I had April not May - I am getting totally confused now - it must be the excitement of actually finding someone else interested in any of my names!!  This talked about holiday this summer has got to happen now .........

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 18 February 08 22:18 GMT (UK) »
I am pleased for you.  ;D

It is May united. The entry before it is 8 May, The entry following is 27 May

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 18 February 08 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Okeedokee folks,

Hope it shows up alright.

I believe this will speak for itself  ;)

Personally I can't for the life of me see how this could be transcribed as a D..............Jury's Out

Kris  ;D