Author Topic: Campbelltown Marriage  (Read 2419 times)

Offline greendoor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Campbelltown Marriage
« on: Friday 12 October 07 14:15 BST (UK) »
Trying to find out if Toby Wilders & Marjory Doherty had any children ,I have them marrying in Campbell town 1908.

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Campbelltown Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 November 07 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi greendoor

Am afraid the online births for Scotland stop at 1906. Only way of finding out is to visit the Scottish General Records Office in Edinburgh.

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/famrec/index.html

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Campbelltown Marriage
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 November 07 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Ann is correct,
However there are other options than a visit to Edinburgh.
Do a search on Google for a Registrars Office in the area or county. Get their details and give them a call or send them an e-mail.

FYI my standard response on the Aberdeen or any other board.
"The Aberdeen Registrars office can access records for all over Scotland from 1855 to the present day...  You can either visit and one of their researchers will actually do the searching - or send them a e-mail with your requests.  Either way, cost is £15 per hour and you get the BMD extract copies thrown in with the price.  You can get a lot of research done in an hour.
FYI  Tel No:  01224 522033
or e-mail Searchroom[at]aberdeencity.gov.uk" (replace [at] with @)
I've no link with the above - just use them now and then for my own research.  Good luck with yours.  :O)