Author Topic: reply to "Irish Ancestry" topic ??  (Read 2665 times)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
reply to "Irish Ancestry" topic ??
« on: Sunday 05 February 06 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ticker, Wonder if you could help me. I received a message today to tell me someone had left a message for me on Irish Ancestors. The thing is I can't find it and I don't know where to look. I have looked on the general page for Ireland and Sligo, and Tipparary.Can you help. I have also looked on Rootsweb.com. with no luck. Tess

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: General Irish Genealogy Links
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 06 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hei Tess,

I am fascinated. I appreciate that this message is addressed to Ticker but I am wondering why you did not send the message to an Admin or Moderator at  Irish Ancestors.  ??? Why go to Rootsweb.com?  ???

Is Irish Ancestors not like Rootschat?  ??? When a message is sent you get an email telling you who has posted the message, and a line on which to click so that you are taken immediately to that reply  :D

Best Wishes and hope you find the missing message

Christopher

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 06 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher, I got a message telling me that I had a reply on Roots chat. Irish Ancestry. I have been on the Sligo one and Tipparary and just the General. Can I find it on any of them no.. and I didn't know how to send a message to Ticker to ask him what to do until I found his name along side yours. I am not very experienced at this game. Thanks for the sites. I am struggling with my Irish ancestors. Tess

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 06 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tess,

You seem to be having problems. No luck in Peebles, problems finding Ticker and messages returned by PRONI. Is that it or have I missed a couple?

I note you wrote to Ticker before - the easiest way to send him a message is to click on his name here - Ireland - General (Moderator: Ticker)

If you want to find other members click on messages at the top right of the rootschat page, then click on New Messages there you will find a little box saying Find Members click there and enter the member's name in the appropriate line. 

Hi Ticker thanks for replying I have been having a look at the web sites you suggested but I can't find out who holds the Southern Ireland Censuses I need to know where the 1841 census is for County Sligo. Any suggestions Tess I know this one was solved but landed you with this one.
Hi Ticker  Thanks for the email address However I have tried to send two messages and they keep coming back as undeliverable.  Thanks again

Have you received a reply from PRONI? Is it Michael Doyle and Emily Hurley you require in the census of 1841? Would you like someone to look for these two for you in PRONI?

All the Best,

Christopher

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 February 06 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Thindle, could it possibly be this thread, Irish Ancestry that you received an email about (you have contributred to it in the past)?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 February 06 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thindle

I think you are referring to the post you made on 12 August 2005 on the Irish Ancestry thread which was added to yesterday resulting in the notification you received.

See your post at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,78216.msg336177.html#msg336177 as referred to by scotmum above and the reply from yesterday at the end of the thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,78216.msg563050.html#msg563050

Hope this helps.

As Christopher says the best way to contact me is by personal message (see his instructions for doing that).  If you add it to a thread I will only see it when I get round to that thread.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 February 06 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher, I was successful on my Peebles, and I have gone a long way with it. But it's my flipping Irish lot I can't get on with. I will press on and hope that one day soon I hope! I will find out about their Irish families. Bye Tess