Author Topic: Charlotte Kennah/Kenah/Kenna  (Read 2843 times)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Charlotte Kennah/Kenah/Kenna
« on: Saturday 13 October 07 11:01 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information regarding Charlotte. She was born around 1810 give or take a year or two. She married Richard Matchett and came to live in Liverpool where they brought up their family. Richard and Charlotte were my 2nd gtgrandparents, and I am keen to know about her and her family. Can anyone help. Tess

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Kennah/Kenah/Kenna
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 October 07 12:28 BST (UK) »
I have no obvious match (in igi etc nor in 1841c) but you might like to check Charlotte  illeg child of Cath Quayle als Shimmin (widow thos quayle)  bapt Arbory 1807-01-18 (there was a prev legit dau charlotte who may have died) - cath may well have remarried as I can't find a burial nor an obvious match in 1841c - possibly she moved with dau to England ?
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 October 07 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Frances, thanks for that info.  Charlotte's husband Richard was from Ireland.
Also they married in 1830 in Liverpool, so I don't know when they came to England.
So Catherine Quale was called Shimmin before she married Thomas Quale? Where can I look up these things? Are there any sites for Isle of Man?
Thanks again Tess

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 October 07 16:25 BST (UK) »
try http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes
the igi covers IoM until ate 1870's (no civil reg til 1877
see www.manxnotebook.com
Deaths are on www.lawsons.ca
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 November 07 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frances, I have received the details of Charlotte Kennah's marriage from Liverpool. It doesn't state any parents names, but, one of the witnesses is Margaret Kenah. Do you think she could be her sister,? If so, how do I find out her parent's names. Is there anyway you could have a look for me somewhere? I would be very grateful. Thanks Tess