Author Topic: Berkshire Record Office  (Read 2234 times)

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Berkshire Record Office
« on: Thursday 23 December 04 14:32 GMT (UK) »
I shall be going to the Berkshire Record Office in January if anyone needs a look up?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Berkshire Record Office
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 December 04 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Well, I hope to impose on your good nature.  I first have to say THANK YOU!!
I am looking for the Ferris family in Reading, Berkshire.  A bit of background is they came to the American colonies  by 1673 and a few books have been witten on them but they all end there and say very little about the English origin of the family.

I am looking for 3 birth references if yo have time and there are indexes :
Samuel Ferris.  I believe his was born abt 1615 in Reading, Berkshire. He died  1679 in Reading.  He was an Anglican minister with Puritan leanings so I suppose this is why his son fled to the colonies.  I have an excerpt from his will which mentions his son in the colonies.
His wife Jerusha Read born abt 1620 in Reading.  They married about 1647.
Zachariah Ferris (their son) born abt 1648

Thank you very much!!! Happy holidays!- Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline cbryant

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 December 04 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks so much for your offer! I have a request for you. It may be a bit too broad, but I'll try to give you as much information as I have. I'm looking for a birth for Clementina Ines Noyes. She was born between 1857 and 1860 in Sunninghill to Henry James and Mariquita Noyes. Unfortunately that is all I know. If you could help me, I would be very grateful.

Best Regards,

Cameron Bryant

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 January 05 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cameron,
do you have the Registration information for Clementina, a quick check on FreeBMD I found this entry - could this be her? but not in Sunninghill Berkshire.

Clementina Ines Noyes, b 1889 Quarter - December, District - Cheltenham, County - Gloucestershire,
Volume 6a, Page 886.
With this information you can obtain a copy of the birth certificate, and then verify the parents information, if you order from the GRO you can specify a reference checking point, i.e. the fathers name. then they will only send you the certificate if they match, and you don't pay quite so much if there is no match.

There are several others for Noyes in Berkshire that may be of interest.

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 January 05 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Cameron,
Do you have any Census information for this family? I can look for you if you like? just let me know