Author Topic: Fleming James and Hannah. 1846 - Son John  (Read 850 times)

Offline clovenbiscuit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fleming James and Hannah. 1846 - Son John
« on: Saturday 13 October 07 22:47 BST (UK) »
Looking for any info on these people.
To the best of my knowledge they left for Canada from England around 1846. There should  be a marriage record for the above around these dates and a birth record for son John 1846 in England.
I have a lot of info on this line after arriving in Canada in Egremont/Bruce County, Ontario Canada.
Anyone needing this info is welcome to contact me.
Have a Great Day!
Rob Fleming

John Fleming was born in England around 1846.
The second son James was born in Canada in apox 1847, according to my research. This is where I am basing my search for some record of the crossing of the Atlantic.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming James and Hannah. 1846 - Son John
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 October 07 17:11 BST (UK) »
Do you have Hannah's maiden surname from anywhere (marriages of her children, her death certificate perhaps?)  There are quite a few John Flemings on freebmd of approximately the right time and also a few marriages of a James Fleming with possible spouse Hannah.  Knowing her maiden name would make it much easier to make the jump back to English records.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline clovenbiscuit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming James and Hannah. 1846 - Son John
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 October 07 21:40 BST (UK) »
The marriage record states that the mothers maiden name for Jane Johnston(daughter in law to Hannah) was Hannah Fleming,

The mothers maiden name for James Fleming Jr. ( son of Hannah)was Elisabeth Halpern.

I assume this was a mix up and that the mothers should be reversed.

I suppose it is possible her maiden name was Fleming or for some reason she used the name Fleming for the document instead of her own.

Is there a James Flemng who married a Hannah Fleming and had a son named John. If there is, that is probably them!