Author Topic: Margaret Richardson 1880 - ? Shrewsbury/Wellington  (Read 5950 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Richardson 1880 - ? Shrewsbury/Wellington
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 21:18 BST (UK) »
Just had a thought- if the workhouse records have been lost/damaged before 1913, it may still be worth checking them for Dorothy - who knows margaret may be in there too -but it should give some information, as Dorothy was in there until she was 13

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Suz

It was the Oswestry WH records that were not available before 1913 not the Wellington ones  :(  I'm still wondering about the birth circa 1880 and wondering if Margaret might have been married. Is there anything on the certificate that says that she was single?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Erica McP

• RootsChat Extra
  • A McPoland by name but a Downing by heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 22:40 BST (UK) »
No, there is nothing on the cert to say she was single or married, just her name.

I have been in touch with Shropshire Archives re: info on inmates in Wellington Workhouse but they told me that the only thing that exists from its whole period is minutes from the trustees/guardians meetings and nothing on any people who resided in there unfortunately.

Thanks, Erica.
Downing, Mills, Powell (Staffs). Richardson (Shrops), McClory, McPoland (Antrim/Down - NI), Mills (Sydney, Australia), Atkinson (Westmorland), Kelly (Killarney, Ire and Staffs)