Author Topic: Shropshire records office look-up please  (Read 1433 times)

Offline sherlock1207

• RootsChat Member
  • **** Sharman family crest ****
    • View Profile
Shropshire records office look-up please
« on: Wednesday 17 October 07 17:31 BST (UK) »
Could someone please have a look at the burial records for Ellesmere for me? I'm after the burial of  Margaret Louisa Sharman (née Taylor) who was born in or about 1831. I think that she died sometime in the summer of 1861. Any information about her burial would be most welcome. Thank you.     
Bond Hoyles Mettam Sharman primarily in counties Durham Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire Rutland Shropshire Yorkshire

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire records office look-up please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 October 07 19:25 BST (UK) »
From FreeBMD:

Deaths
September Quarter 1861
Margaret Louisa Sharman
District: Ellesmere, Vol: 6a, Page: 446
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline sherlock1207

• RootsChat Member
  • **** Sharman family crest ****
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire records office look-up please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 October 07 18:55 BST (UK) »
Yes, thanks for that. I was just hoping that someone when in Shrewsbury could have a look to see on what date in 1861 and where in Ellesmere Margaret Louisa Sharman was actually buried. She isn't close enough to my direct line to justify me ordering her death certificate - I haven't got the BBC's "Who Do You Think You Are?" budget!
Bond Hoyles Mettam Sharman primarily in counties Durham Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire Rutland Shropshire Yorkshire