Author Topic: WDYTYA series 4 # 7 Matthew Pinsent  (Read 36494 times)

Offline Matt Pinsent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WDYTYA series 4 # 7 Matthew Pinsent
« Reply #126 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hello, it's Matt here. This is my first toe in the water of this forum so be kind!

The last week has been a deluge of interest from WDYTYA to home, work and website with so much extra information on my family. during the filming of the episode it really took me from disinterested to fascinated in two short weeks and I now have a hunger to know more. in the process of following some of the leads I stumbled across the Rootschat forum and what's more a thread in my honour!

i found the episode good to watch - i was out the night it went out so had to catch up 24 hours later - and found myself thinking oh they cut that bit and where did that go? but all in all a well edited reflection of the fortnight schedule. As many people have commented I genuinely had no idea when they rolled out the last parchment as to where it was going.

I don't promise to be on here every day but happy to find a group of people who enjoyed the show.

Matt

Offline kizmiaz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Matt

I am sure you will get a great deal of help here for any queries you have. Everyone is very friendly here and some are extremely knowledgable about the most obscure subjects.

And congratulations on the direct decendancy from the Almighty himself !! ;D

Glen

Offline Nutty1966

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Annie Isabelle Bollands nee Rice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:15 BST (UK) »
Welcome from me also Matt, hope you enjoy Roots as much as we all do.

Have fun

Jane ;D
LEICESTERSHIRE & MIDDLESBROUGH - BOLLANDS, GORE,
LINCOLNSHIRE - BAKEWELL, MARRIOTT
MONAGHAN & CRAMLINGTON - RICE
LAZENBY - HANSOM, HARRISON, NODDINGS, EASBY
BARNBY DUN - HARVEY, BLANCHARD
DANBY & WHITBY  - JEFFELS
LIVERPOOL - GANDER
SKELTON & ESTON - SEATON
BEDALE & MIDDLESBROUGH - STEPHENSON
BROUGHTON - HARRISON
MIDDLESBROUGH - WARD,FOSTER
PINCHINTHORPE -  POSTGATE
BILSDALE- BOYES

Cenusu informations is from crown copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uK

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:24 BST (UK) »
Welcome Matt

Glad to see you got the bug too - just yell when you need any help we'll do the best we can

And as your descended from God when you get five minutes could you ask him who fathered my Nanny Roberts please?

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline madpants

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt

Welcome to Rootschat, I'm sure if you have any questions about the rest of your roots the people on here will be able to help........

Nutty, do you need a tissue for the drool?? ;) ;D ;D ;D
GREENWELL - Middlesbrough
TURNBULL - Houghton le Spring, Coxhoe, Spennymoor
DEVEY - Pentonville, Stockton, M'bro
MOHAN/HUN - Stockton on Tees
SCRAFTON - Darlington
BROADBENT - Saddleworth, Ashton Under Lyne
HEMSWELL - Grantham, M'bro
SIMPKINS - M'bro
SIMPKIN - Little Wratting, Suffolk
MALLALIEU - Saddleworth, Ashton U L
GOODWIN - Macclesfield Forest
SUTCLIFFE - Heptonstall, Ashton U L
PLIMMER - Pontesbury, Ashton U L
CAMBRIDGE - Goulborne, Ashton U L
SIDDALL - Ashton U L

Offline Matt Pinsent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:35 BST (UK) »

God says one thing at a time - he's still checking his calculations on early kings of England. Edward I he doesnt mind too much but he has a real problem with Henry VIII. Shifting sides all the time apparently.

More seriously I have now discovered a whole arm of Pinsents in Canada. Indeed there are towns named Pinsent in Newfoundland. Is it most likely they emigrated one way across the Atlantic? or equally possible there was a too and fro? The Pinsent records run out in Devonport so some maritime link might seem logical. Is there an obvious way to check - are passenger manifests available and how far back do they go?

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Matt.  We are a crazy but dedicated bunch on here, always ready to help others, and give opinions !

I believe I suggested earlier that it would have been nice to follow your father line back ?  Are you going to consider that maybe ?  

And don't take the God thing too seriously ... we are all descendants of God in one way or another !  

There's a whole set of boards on here for Canada questions ... and LOTS of helpful people there too !

(
who fathered my Nanny Roberts
I like it Willow ... maybe he can find out where my great grandparents died and when !)[/size]

Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Matt.  What everyone says in previous posts is true.!

I'm sure you'll find some very friendly and helpful folk on the emigrants to Canada board who will help you along.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,166.0.html
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:58 BST (UK) »
I thought this was the best programme of the series.

I had seen a programme previously about gateway ancestors, this explained it all so well.

Welcome aboard Matt, you will be hooked for life now.

Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.