Author Topic: >RootsChat Meet Swansea< Family History w/e 17 November UPDATED  (Read 18207 times)

Offline bernard_lewis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family History weekend - Swansea
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 18:55 BST (UK) »
Its in my diary but I'm not certain if I'll be there. We're awaiting a summons from my daughter in Cornwall so if that arrives for that weekend I'm stumped!

I'll keep an eye on things and if I can make it I'll post here once things are confirmed re Cornwall.

Bernard
Author 'Swansea and the Workhouse - the Poor Law in 19th century Swansea' (2003); 'Swansea Pals - the 14th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment in the Great War' (2004); 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Swansea''. (2009); 'Swansea in the Great War' ( 2014); 'Neath! Neath! Neath! The Record-Breaking 1988/89 Season' (2016). My blog: https://bernardlewisauthor.wordpress.com/

Offline bernard_lewis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 18:56 BST (UK) »
PS if I do make it I'll be bringing my wife as chaperone - I've heard about you family history hunters! :)

Bernard
Author 'Swansea and the Workhouse - the Poor Law in 19th century Swansea' (2003); 'Swansea Pals - the 14th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment in the Great War' (2004); 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Swansea''. (2009); 'Swansea in the Great War' ( 2014); 'Neath! Neath! Neath! The Record-Breaking 1988/89 Season' (2016). My blog: https://bernardlewisauthor.wordpress.com/

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
PS if I do make it I'll be bringing my wife as chaperone - I've heard about you family history hunters! :)

Bernard

Gosh...I'm beginning to wonder what I'll be missing now!!

Romilly :o ;D ;D
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline bevbee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 19:41 BST (UK) »

Bernard

Oh, you just scare easily.   ;D

Ambrose; Llandilofawr, Pennsylvania.
Grindley; Llandilofawr, Ohio, Louisiana, Washington DC.
Rees(e); Pennsylvania.
Lewis, Llandilofawr.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat Meet - Family History weekend - Swansea
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 25 October 07 11:57 BST (UK) »
I've moved this topic to the Common Room now so that more people see it, and so more people can come along on Saturday November 17th . :)

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 25 October 07 12:17 BST (UK) »
Can you do a translation for the Cymraeg board too My Welsh is sadly too limited to attempt it but I can smile in Welsh  ;D
I'm bringing Mr Trees  he's a Roots Chat supporter but too shy to do his own posting  ;D
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 25 October 07 13:39 BST (UK) »
Ooooer another meet :o :o ;D. I was at the Glasgow one which was just great ... and we made badges too ! lol I'd love  to come  ... will check calendar and get back to this thread ...I always have a camera with me ...lol  Here's the Glasgow meet thread link...
Poll
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,258759.105.html
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Subaru

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Whitehaven harbour
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 25 October 07 13:40 BST (UK) »
I've just been called "Lovely" by a lady in Cardiff this morning on the phone ;D

It sounded a bit patronising to me though, I was ringing about a missing refund, and nobody contacting me about it.

I went to a motorbike rally there years ago.  Pronounced "Troyk Troyth", but spelled with lots of "w"s in it.  Haven't got a clue what it means if anybody can interpret.  The countryside was stunning, and the city centre wasn't bad either - we ventured into a couple of pubs to sample the local ale ;D

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 25 October 07 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hope you can both make it Swansea is a vibrant city. If the weather is kind a short walk along the coast will give lovely views and the Brangwyn Hall will make a nice backdrop to photographs or we can stand at Dylan's feet and look intelligent
Do hope to meet lots of lovely chatters.I promise not to say "Now theres lovely" once Subaru  ;D
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.