Author Topic: William BARTLETT, Prestbury Gloucestershire  (Read 1840 times)

Offline LindyLou65

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
William BARTLETT, Prestbury Gloucestershire
« on: Friday 24 December 04 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Could some kind person do me a look up in 1841 census for Wales for a William Bartlett  born around 1818 and his wife Ann nee Cummins 1820 He married Ann in 1837 and their daughter Mary Ann Bartlett was born in 1840 and was baptised in Neath though some kind person has looked for them there they dont appear to be living in Neath in 1841.
Any help would be gratefully rcieved
Thank You
Linda

(The Glamorgan region has been searched)
HUNT,BOWEN,THOMPSON,BURFORD,BARTLETT,SMITH, TAYLOR,HASKOW,POYNER,BAGLEY,GRAY,HARPER,
CHANCE,GRIFFTHS,

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM BARTLETT PRESTBURY GLOUCESTERSHIRE ENGLAND
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 December 04 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Dear LindyLou65
It would be a pretty tall order to search for the individuals concerned (even if the "Glamorgan area" has been searched).

There would be too many searches to undertake. Wales may not look too big when compared to other places but during the 19th century there were a lot of people coming to South Wales to get work.

Most of the Censuses have not been indexed completely for most of the counties of Wales so asking for a look up would mean someone reading every page of every enumeration district for every county. Unfortunately more information is needed to narrow it down. I am sorry to be the bearer of such dull tidings but it is a big undertaking to search the census for the whole of Wales

Kind Regards
Ann  :)
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.

Offline LindyLou65

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 January 05 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply i do understand that it would take a lot to look them up but it was just a stab in the dark .
I am afraid all i know is that William Bartlett was Born in Prestbury Glos in 1818 and his wife Ann was born around 1820 there Daughter Mary Ann was born in Neath in 1840 and was baptised there.
Williams occupation was a Gardener on the 1851 census where the family were back living in Prestbury.
Any help would be gratefully recieved,i was wondering if they were visiting a relative in NEATH as in later census some family members were visiting a John Bartlett
Thank You
HUNT,BOWEN,THOMPSON,BURFORD,BARTLETT,SMITH, TAYLOR,HASKOW,POYNER,BAGLEY,GRAY,HARPER,
CHANCE,GRIFFTHS,

Offline aderyndu

• RootsChat Extra
  • WARNING - some family trees may produce nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 January 06 11:37 GMT (UK) »
not exactly what you are looking for but I found an entry on the 1851 for John Bartlett b 1824, Amesbury glos, his wife Mary b 1820 in Neath and their daughter Mary Ann b 1847 in Neath.

The address was Cwm Clydach, Skewen, Neath.

Maybe this can point you in the right direction.

I live in Neath and my sister is married to a Bartlett but as far as I'm aware he doesnt know much of his family history - although I will ask him if he is aware of a Glos connection :)
Jenkins, Morgan(s), Jones, Williams, Evans - Pontardawe

Williams - Bettws, Carms

Jones, Parker - Neath

Brooks - Neath & North Devon

Southwood - North Devon

Offline rhys

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 January 06 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello
 A search does not find the  family  in Monmouthshire ,Breconshire or Gloucesteshire/

Rhys
Bouncing Emails

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk