Author Topic: Am I just too touchy?  (Read 8772 times)

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Am I just too touchy?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 October 07 05:18 BST (UK) »
I have been guilty[what me never] of searching for ages then putting my TWOPENNYWORTH  in without checking updates.
Please forgive me for i know not what i do.

I try to say thanks even to the people that quite pointedly let me know I HAVE BOO BOOED.

SYLVIA
THANKS GUDON-YA 'BONZA' HEY UP ME DUCK' GU'DAY'
TA.

SPELL CHECK DID NOT HELP MY SPELLING

notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:03 BST (UK) »
SPELL CHECK DID NOT HELP MY SPELLING
There is a good reason for that, it only speaks English ;D ;D.
I have been reading through this topic with interest,the reference to people who don't realize what we have to do, to find the information they want made me smile.Because some time ago i spent a long time looking on the internet for something.Only because the person was fairly new,I wrote the information down on my pad ready to post later. That was after transcribing my own scribble ;D On the same day i received a reply on the lines of "have you found anything yet" ;D I explained what i had to do to help them  the reponce to that was-on the lines of, "oh i didn't know you had to look it up" ;D I was very tempted to ask if they thought i got my info via the a wedgie? Board to contact the ancestor in question::) ;D ;D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:24 BST (UK) »
LOL  ;D Celia

I guess some people forget there are many different types of sources that we have some access to, not just the internet!!

Kerry  ;)

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:39 BST (UK) »
Another one who thinks Heather has it:
Personally I don't mind a one word acknowledgment ...much better than none at all.
perhaps it depends how many of the latter you get - after a run of nothing a one word thanks is very welcome.

Offline DJFRENCH

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My grandmother, life in India
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:48 BST (UK) »
to add my penny worth.... i personnally am thrilled if i get progress from people who are far more experienced than i am ....

what ever happened to good old fasioned THANK YOU VERY MUCH ?

but i know i'm very nearly a grumpy old woman  ;D

Debz
Cutcliffe- Devon
Courtenay Powderham Castle
Barnard -Oxford and Claines
Tollet - Begbroke
Gamble and Clement Calcutta
SHAW-BETHNAL GREEN,MIDDLESEX
WILD-BETHNAL GREEN,MIDDLESEX
GAMBLE-BARNSTABLE.DEVON

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:54 BST (UK) »
As a census looker upper, I dont think they're being rude just replying with a one word thanks/cheers, its just deflating when you've spent so long looking for certain families. Its nice to get a bit of feedback, so when I post questions myself, I always try to post a sentence or two with my "thankyou"  to let the looker upper know how much they've helped/give a bit of background on the family concerned. Doesn't take long but lets people know they're really appreciated.  :)
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 22 October 07 16:59 BST (UK) »
I agree with everyone - a thank you makes you efforts worthwhile and off you go happy to help the next person

I think people forget that we have to actually go and research the info - we're just so blooming good and quick at it!

Also I have done research and posted it only to have no reply at all which is even more frustrating! Have they died? did it solve the question? the suspense is killing me!

BTW Thanx to everyone whos helped me in the past - hope I do my bit now to help others and pass the spirit of Rootschat on

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 22 October 07 17:08 BST (UK) »
Willow

I always get that horrible feeling when I don't get an answer that they knew that bit already, but didn't say it in the original message and don't know how to fib a thank you  ::) ::) ::) 

Kerry ;D

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 22 October 07 18:26 BST (UK) »
Lol know what you mean Kerry - I always think 'damn have I sent them on a wild goose chase with some misinformation and they dont know how to tell me or did they already know the info and are to polite to say it was a total waste of time?'

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /