Author Topic: WESTHOUGHTON  (Read 2244 times)

searchertwo

Re: WESTHOUGHTON
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 07:25 BST (UK) »
I've got everything crossed I know I was told she was never registered but after finding out that Bolton would have been the reg district as it's  only 4miles from westhoughton found a birth in the index for march 1886  also one for a margaret  june 1887 both Bolton so sent off to the GRO for Annie

Offline Martin Briscoe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • J W L BRISCOE 72nd Highlanders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 08:56 BST (UK) »
I've got everything crossed I know I was told she was never registered but after finding out that Bolton would have been the reg district as it's  only 4miles from westhoughton found a birth in the index for march 1886  also one for a margaret  june 1887 both Bolton so sent off to the GRO for Annie

You might have been better sending to the local office and giving parents' names and possible address.  They will often then check which is the correct certificate and only send that one.  Make the cheque out for "not to exceeed £14.00" so they can take either £7 or £14 as required.

Martin Briscoe
BRISCOE - Bolton, Heaton Norris, Rochdale, Oldham, Chadderton, Blackburn
POUNDER - Middleton Tyas, Kirkbymoorside, Stokesley, Lambeth, Bolton, Newcastle on Tyne, Leeds
HAMMOND - Quebec, Laverton, Masham, Grantley
SWALES - Laverton, Masham
O'Shea - Quebec
PARRY - Caerhun, Deiniolen, ClwtyBont, Brynrefail, TalySarn, Brynrefail, Bethesda
EVANS - Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan, Maesmynis, Dowlais, Stockton on Tees, Hartlepool, Trealaw
HARVEY - Trentham, Sheriffhales, Llanfyllin, Llanferres, Minera

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
St Patricks Church in Scholes area of Wigan was in a largely Catholic area .

searchertwo

« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 November 07 14:15 GMT (UK) »
So much for her not being registered !!!!the certificate I ordered came back today It's the right one but her birthday is 18 Dec 1885 not the 15th so the other one I saw for Margaret in Bolton will be her sister They were living in Hart street which I've found on the map so I'm 99% sure the church would have been The sacred Heart of Jesus

So have I got this right   
 if I contact the Bolton Archives they should have a copy of the baptism and will they be able to do a search for me ?as it was a RC baptism it would have been done straight away

forgot to add in my excitement at finding the certificate
thank you to all who put me on the right track