Author Topic: Light Family 1800's  (Read 3456 times)

Offline jollery

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Light Family 1800's
« on: Saturday 20 October 07 22:17 BST (UK) »
Lost !  Family Bible for the Light Family of Hampshire, Lower Upham, Bishops Waltham, Durley area.
Dont know where it has disappeared to.  Would love to know.  Please if you find it let me know.   Jollery

Offline nicwnacw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Light Family 1800's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 April 08 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have William Light 1840 Portsmouth in my family tree and am in touch with one of his descendants now living in Australia. Do I have the correct family?

Sandra
Fenn from Denham Bucks and Honeywell from Downton Wilts

Offline jollery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Light Family 1800's
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 April 08 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra, thanks for your message.   I am a little bit in the dark with the Light family, most of my information came from my mother who is no longer with us, but she was adamant that there was a bible with all the information in.    However, the information I have got seems to show that they were in the Upham Bishops Waltham area, and maybe Preston Candover.  There was quite a large family, as there used to be,  and there was a William, born circa 1838/40 who married an Ellen Rooke about 1860.   My connection is with his brother Thomas born c 1850 at Bishops Waltham.   Dont know if you can work anything out from that, but mother did say that her grandfather was a sailor, so its possible there may be a connection to Portsmouth.
I find it difficult now to get to record offices etc.  but thanks anyway.   Regards  Sylvia  :-\