Author Topic: Marriage and death lookup?  (Read 6238 times)

Offline djf86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage and death lookup?
« on: Saturday 25 December 04 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Marriage for Charles Blampied and Elizabeth Anne Blampied around 1861

Marriage for John Gallichan and Elizabeth Blampied between 1862 and 1871

Death of Charles Blampied between 1862 and 1871

All in Trinity area
Blampied in Jersey, Kelling in Jersey, Harper in Worcester, Anderson in Perthshire, Campbell in Perthshire, Foster in Devon, Penberthy in Cornwall, Taylor in NYorkshire

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage and death lookup?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 January 05 21:26 GMT (UK) »
djf86,

How are you  getting along with your research ?

Just to let you know that I will be looking through the index for Trinity Parish Church next week and will try to record any entries for  Blampied / Gallichan marriages  1860-1870. or thereabouts.
Have you any additional information to add since your posting such as an address in Trinity.

If you think of anything which may be useful let me know via a posting or pm.

Best Wishes
Scatty. 
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline djf86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 05 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks

The Gallichans lived in Trinity in 1871, but I have no address. They moved to St Clement betweem 1875 and 1878.

Elizabeth Blampied b~1839 (daughter of Charles & Elizabeth Blampied) married Charles Blampied around 1861. A son William wa born in 1862. Charles died before 1871 and Elizabeth remarried to John Gallichan b~1830 (son of Philip Gallichan). I suspect the marriage took pland either in the late 1860s or just before the 1871 census.
Blampied in Jersey, Kelling in Jersey, Harper in Worcester, Anderson in Perthshire, Campbell in Perthshire, Foster in Devon, Penberthy in Cornwall, Taylor in NYorkshire

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 January 05 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

In reply to your posting this is an update of how my search went so far.
Firstly Jersey records are indexed by parish of which we have twelve, I looked only at Trinity parish church records and not those of other churches in the area at the time.

I found no record for a  marriage of Elizabeth and Charles looking between 1855 to 1862, but there was one entry thirty years previous in the 1830's,  a match on names but too early to be  your  couple.

I did  however find was an entry for a marriage   which I thought may be the second marriage of Elizabeths as follows :

18-9-1869 John  Gallichan, son of John , 39 widower of Trinity to Elizabeth Anne Blampied, widow 30, daughter of Charles.. This was the only match on the names but you said Johns father was Philip?

There are  are other avenues to try  such as   churches other than the  parish church in Trinity (most likely as Elizabeth was a widow of the parish)  and maybe looking for the  earlier marriage in other parish.

Please let me know if you would like to continue along these lines and how you are progressing.

Regards

Scatty
McCormack, Corr, Dublin

Offline djf86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply.

I need to find William Charles Blampied (b. 1862, Trinity or St Helier in other reference) birth record to confirm the father's name. The family tree has been done by my cousin (now decease) years ago when she visited Jersey, and we found out there are a few errors. Maybe the father wasn't called Charles. That can explain why you can't find any record. Or the marriage took place in St Helier.

The Gallichan/Blampied record  must be the one I'm looking for.

The Charles & Elizabeth Blampied record from 1830s, is it the one from 1835? If so this is Elizabeth Anne's parents. Would that record mention the parents of the bride and bridegroom?

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

The 1835 entry will give first names of  the couples fathers. Will I find this for you on my next trip?

These entries take a lot of time  to  copy down as written in French and need to be translated to the English so please bear with me..

Glad to

Scatty
McCormack, Corr, Dublin

Offline djf86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.

If you can, you don't have to translate it. I can read French, if it's not a too old French. Maybe you could just give the name of Charles' father on that record, the exact date and maybe the name of witnesses if listed.

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello djf,

Just an update tpo let you know that I am still persuing your Blampieds for you.

This evening I looked through the St Helier marriage index and  found an entry  match on Charles & Elizabeth Blampied (s) marrying Sept 1859-April 1863 appearing on same page now I need to go to Registrars office and ask to view the ledger and make a note of the details.  They are ever so obliging and are very supportive of family researchers.
I did look again at the 1835 entry on the index but no fathers names transcribed. However I will try to get a look at the original and double check just in case the transcriber omitted to record the details.

Regards Scatty
McCormack, Corr, Dublin

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 February 05 12:26 GMT (UK) »
DJF,
 At last, !! You must have thought I had forgotten but here is information  on Charles / Elizabeth marriage.

By special licence on 20th December 1861 at The Weslylen Chapel, Grove Place St Helier, minister Philippe Tourgis.

Charles Blampied, age 46, widower, occupation, man of property son of Charles also man of property.
and
Elizabeth Blampied, age 22,  daughter of Charles Blampied,mariner

Witnesses yet another Charles Blampied and Elizabeth Richardson

Hope this is of help with your research.

Scatty             
McCormack, Corr, Dublin