Author Topic: James Tuxworth bc 1834  (Read 21544 times)

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
  • Jacky Clark (nee Jacqueline Allen)
    • View Profile
Re: James Tuxworth bc 1834
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 22:34 BST (UK) »
Why oh why were Julia and James using the Graves surname in 1901???
My Maternal line are all from Lincolnshire - First Generations include:
Arliss, Armstrong, Baker, Borman, Cartwright, Clark, Dixon, Duckering, Everington, Forman, Freshney, Gadsby, Graves, Hatcliffe, Holmes, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Lacey, Leverton, Lilley, Morton, Oades, Pacey, Priestley, Rickett, Riggall, Rowson, Shaw, Sleaford, Sleight, Smith, Spikin, Taylor, Thacker, Ticklepenny, Tomkins, Tyler, Walton, Ward, Willson, Wood and Wortley.

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 October 07 08:20 BST (UK) »
The Graves use 1901 is a bit of a mystery. My grt grandmother, thier dau Adeliza, was registered as Adeliza Graves Tuxworth and always used the name; if she had been on this household I would assume a copiest error- as it is I wonder if they had started to use Graves Tuxworth collectively, and it was a transcription mistake. James died as Tuxworth.
Job has a fine headstone in Thurlby churchyard-recording also the deaths of 2 infants, he was churchwarden. The family seem to have been proud of the name, or of him--although Mary his widow died as a pauper in Louth 1851.
Thaks for assurence on correct parents for Job--confused by the 1853 infant though-was it a Graves??
-Sally
WRY- Thompson,Cowburn,Walker, Glossop,
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Lincs/ Notts- Graves, White, Wilson,Pedge,Tuxford, Bonner
Devon- Dean, Crode (also NFL) Coode, Tucker, Miles ( origin Hampshire)
Beds/Herts/ Northants- Newberry, Shepherd, Norton, Blackabey
Kent- Munn, Moore

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 October 07 14:14 BST (UK) »
I expect Job Graves 1853 was the child of a sibling - the only other Graves that I can find post 1851 is Job William who married first in 1854 and again in 1877 and his only child  Charles William b 1878 in Clun, Shropshire.

Regards

Jacky
Arliss, Armstrong, Baker, Borman, Cartwright, Clark, Dixon, Duckering, Everington, Forman, Freshney, Gadsby, Graves, Hatcliffe, Holmes, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Lacey, Leverton, Lilley, Morton, Oades, Pacey, Priestley, Rickett, Riggall, Rowson, Shaw, Sleaford, Sleight, Smith, Spikin, Taylor, Thacker, Ticklepenny, Tomkins, Tyler, Walton, Ward, Willson, Wood and Wortley.

Offline wizz123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 November 07 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alunno-A,

Just been reading the thread you started,and was wondering if you had a John Tuxworth b c1802 and a Lucy Tuxworth b c1807.
      Only reason for asking,lm researching this family name,from Grimsby to Legbourne.
      l also have Eliza Tuxworth b c1838,Frank Tuxworth b c1840 and Jane Tuxworth b c1842.
      lf you feel theses names are occuring in your family tree,please feel free to contact me.

Yours
                             B.Archer
Archer(Lincolnshire)Foat(Lincolnshire,Kent),Thatcher(Manchester),Smith(Nottinghamshire).

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 November 07 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, In my search for James, I have probably come across every Tuxworth in Lincolnshire, not to mention Middx, Australia etc!!  I have looked at Lucy , and many others but can tie none to my family yet--very willing to swap info with you, although as I have not established a connection it is pretty thin stuff. Would be very grateul if you would let me know if you ever come across a James bc1834, or a base born of any type--or, have you found a record for an illegitimate child of an Elizabeth Tuxworth of Ranby, Lincs, or Horncastle etc???--
Sally
WRY- Thompson,Cowburn,Walker, Glossop,
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Lincs/ Notts- Graves, White, Wilson,Pedge,Tuxford, Bonner
Devon- Dean, Crode (also NFL) Coode, Tucker, Miles ( origin Hampshire)
Beds/Herts/ Northants- Newberry, Shepherd, Norton, Blackabey
Kent- Munn, Moore

Offline wizz123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 November 07 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally,

Am now going to go through my tree and see what l can come up with.

Kind Regards
                                       B.Archer
Archer(Lincolnshire)Foat(Lincolnshire,Kent),Thatcher(Manchester),Smith(Nottinghamshire).

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John Tuxworth and Lucy
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 November 07 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Beware that on the IGI two families have been mixed for John Tuxwoth and Lucy

There are two John and Lucy Tuxworths

One - linked to my family was John Desforges Tuxworth who married Lucy Coulam at Little Carlton in 1830 - they had a stack of children at Tathwell and Elkington

According to the IGI The other John Tuxworth (b circa 1802 at Storton(sic) on the 1851 Census)married Lucy Day at Avington, Hampshire, also in 1830  -BUT HE IS NOT JOHN DESFORGES TUXWORTH. The 1851 Census reports that she was born at Avington. Their children were born at Legbourne

Regards

Jacky

Offline wizz123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 November 07 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jacky,

Just noticed in your family tree line you have a "Ticklepenny",have you
  done any research,into if they are conected with "Ticklepennys Lock",near Alvingham just outside Louth. ?

Kind  Regards
                        B.Archer

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 November 07 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have Ticklepenny Ancestors but dont go back further than 1714

e-mail me on Email address removed. Please use Personal Messaging System to exchange personal data.and I will send you a report of what I have.

Regards,

Jacky