Author Topic: Burrows Family  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Richiev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burrows Family
« on: Tuesday 23 October 07 20:29 BST (UK) »
My grandfather James Vanston married Hannah Burrows on 8th September 1914 at The Thomas Street Wesleyan Church in Douglas. James came from Ireland does anyone know of Hannah's family I think maybe her father's name was Joseph and he may have been a publican. I have managed to trace other parts of the family but not my grandmothers line, any help at all would be most appreciated.

Regards
RichieV
Vanston / Portlaoise Ireland
Walters  / Bedfordshire
Baker / Bedfordshire
Maurice / Portlaoise Ireland
Burrows / Lancashire
Barry / Lancashire
Allen / Bedfordshire

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Burrows Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 October 07 00:38 BST (UK) »
There were a couple of Burrows families on the Island in the 19th C - one a farming family in malew - another in marown that were associated with the Halfway house (Thomas) - you might like to search www.manxnotebook.com for the name (includes MI's in Marown)

Little surprsied the ref was to Thomas St as it was usually known as Victoria St chapel (again look on Manxnotebook for chapel details)

You may also find posting on http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes; might help
and try http://www.lawsons.ca for manx registered births upto 1900
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline oddmo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burrows Family
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 January 08 19:05 GMT (UK) »
if anyone is interested in the Burrows family in malew of creggans farm, i have a full family tree from their arrival in 1832, together with a written account of the lives of some of their descendants ( of which I am just one)