Author Topic: 1841 Weston census for Ponters  (Read 926 times)

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
1841 Weston census for Ponters
« on: Monday 27 December 04 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be able to look up the 1841 census  for Weston, Bath, for James and Mary Ponter. Children at the time would be: James age 15, William age 5, John age 2, and perhaps twins Hester and Ruth who were born in 1841( then again they not have been born by then). All ages for the children might be different by a year either side, as I calculated them by birth year.  James was a butcher, and on the 1851 census all above children were alive. Thank you...Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline wowie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Weston census for Ponters
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 January 05 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Looking through recent requests and replies on the site I can't see anyone who has access to the 1841 census for Bath.

In case you don't get any replies, I can tell you that the following person has transcribed the entire Bath census into a database and can do look ups from it, although he charges a couple of pounds per surname.

I have used him and he was very quick and his information was comprehensive. He included extra bits and pieces he had for free:

http://www.geocities.com/chris_gh_walker/geneology/bathcensus1841.html

Offline Brisbanejane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 05 00:08 BST (UK) »
I'm also researching Ponters from Weston, Bath. 

Am wondering if your James (senior) might be part of a family with John and Sarah as the parents.  They were married in 1802.  I'm a descendant of Jane (daughter) who was transported to Aust in 1834 = we have her convict history but have hit a brick wall with her parents/siblings.  Believe she was one of about 13 children and her baptism was in Weston, Bath in 1818.

Sorry I'm not helping you, but would be grateful for other leads!!

Thanks
Jane
Hendon/Bradley/Ponter - Bath / Weston

Also Webber - Taunton

Offline Brisbanejane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 March 05 00:23 BST (UK) »
Sorry - disregard stuff about Jane Hendon (researching 2 lines at once) - however her mother was Sarah Ponter - married John Hendon/Henden in 1802 in Weston, Somerset.  Do you think there might be a link there somewhere.  Don't quite know where to go from here as I'm doing all this over the internet from Australia and only just found this site.
Hendon/Bradley/Ponter - Bath / Weston

Also Webber - Taunton

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 August 05 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, Are you still after this lookup Donna? James and Mary appear in Weston with 6 Children....Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 September 05 11:45 BST (UK) »
This is quite an old request and as you have not let us know if you still require the lookup, I am moving it to the Completed Requests Board. If you do still require the lookup, Please let me know and I will be happy to return it to the Requests Board for you.

Best Wishes.......Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 October 05 18:26 BST (UK) »
HI: Just wanted to say that I did not know that these replies existed!!  I usually get a notification to my posting, but today I was just wandering around and saw these.  Sorry, but I honestly did not see them at the time of posting.  I am going over them now, because I do see a few common names.  Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 October 05 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, Are you still after this lookup Donna? James and Mary appear in Weston with 6 Children....Kris  :D

Thanks Kris; The number of children would seem about right. Some twins were born in 1841, so after census time I guess. Yours was one of the posts that I just saw today.   Thanks again...Donna

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 October 05 23:48 BST (UK) »
No Worries Donna. Glad you finally caught up with it. Here is the entry complete with twins

HO107/0931 Folio 23/4 Page 1
Weston Village
Weston

PONTER James 30 Y (Yes born in County)
PONTER Mary 30 Y
PONTER James 10 Y
PONTER Mary 8 Y
PONTER William 6 Y
PONTER John 2 Y
PONTER Ruth 8 Months Y
PONTER Hester 8 Months Y
ROGERS Caroline 15 Y Female Servant