Author Topic: How do I find out what happened to them?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline mjadco1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
How do I find out what happened to them?
« on: Friday 26 October 07 23:46 BST (UK) »
I have recently found from the lds site that Thomas Jones Roberts and Ermyn/Ermine, had two daughters as well as four sons, the only info I have is Jane Roberts b Jul 1830 and Hannah b Jun1832, I can find nothing else about these two, they do not appear on the 1841 census so presume they could have died. On the 1841 census Thomas and Ermyn lived at Henllan Street, Henllan, in 1851 they are shown as living Foxhall Newydd but the two girls are not shown, what parish records do I need to look in? are they on line? How do I find out if they really are part of my tree?
Any advice or help appreciated
Margaret

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find out what happened to them?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 October 07 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret, I'll look at the parish records for Henllan next week to see what I can find.

Paul.

Offline mjadco1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 October 07 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul,
Oh thank you very much, that would be brilliant, looking forward to hearing frorm you.
Margaret

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Margaret,
I couldn't see a baptism in Henllan or Denbigh for Jane Roberts 1830 but I did find.
Denbigh marriage May 29 1830.
Thomas Roberts(X) bachelor of Bodfari.
Ermin Jones(x) spinster of this parish.
Witnesses William Roberts(X) Anne Roberts(X) & David Price for Robert Price.
(X)=did not sign made mark.

Denbigh baptisms of the Children of Thomas & Ermin Roberts.
June 24 1832 Hannah.
Sep 1 1833. Robert.

Henllan baptisms for the children of Thomas & Ermin Roberts.
Sep 3 1843 Hannah.
Jan 11 1845. Edward.
May 11 1848. Thomas.

Paul

Offline mjadco1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Paul. I imagine the first Hannah must have died prior to 1841, therfore not on the census and mabe the reason for the second one named Hannah in 1843, I have to say I did not no anything about the second Hannah so that is very interesting.
Could you tell me where you looked up these parish records. I am hoping to visit the area early next year and will have to base myself as close as possible to where I can get access to these records, as well as looking up details regarding the sons.
Best regards
Margaret

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 13:32 GMT (UK) »
my friend is trying to trace his ROBERTS ancestors and it may be that they connect back to Thomas ROBERTS and Ermyn (nee JONES) - their son Robert ROBERTS appears to have died in Canada in 1915 -but it seems his son Thomas Jones ROBERTS ended up in Norfolk and didn't move with the rest of the family to Canada - it is then his son Tom Frederick ROBERTS that gets complicated  :-\

Offline mjadco1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I would be very interested to hear more about this connection that goes back to Thomas and Ermyn, they are indeed my family, all the other areas you have mentioned are correct plus I have rather a lot of info regarding Tom Frederick Roberts.
I look forward to hearing from you and where the connection is actually made.
Regards
Margaret

Offline wisdoms59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 February 14 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am the friend mentioned in Plimmerian's post - he has been helping me trace my family tree

my grandfather was Tom Frederick Roberts who married Hilda Mary Royal (we can't find the marriage) and my friend thinks, from research on ancestry, that he married a Clara Hedger and may have had a third wife from trees submitted there

I don't know as much about my Roberts side as I do about my Mum's side and am just trying to piece it all together

thank you 

Offline mjadco1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 February 14 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello 'Wisdom 59'
You have indeed found the correct family, however some of the info is rather too sensative to post on an open board owing to 'living' family members, would you care to email me on (*) and informing me of the name of your parents or your parent connected to Tom and Hilda.
wait your reply.
regards
Margaret 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.