Author Topic: St.Ives, Birth-Sarah Jackson  (Read 2542 times)

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
St.Ives, Birth-Sarah Jackson
« on: Sunday 28 October 07 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Please is there any one out there who could look for the Birth/Marriage of Sarah Jackson born c.1811. I found her in the 1841 census with my GGGGrandfather John William Pearl living in Fair St. Southwark.It says she was born in St. Ives around 1811. But as yet I can not find any evidence to this fact. or their marriage if they were married.
thanking you in advance
Regards
 John Pearl
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St.Ives, Birth-Sarah Jackson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 October 07 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Your Cambs thread said that the 1834 marriage was in Hauxton - did you have any luck with that?

Do you know that the Sarah Pearl in censuses born St Ives was actually Sarah Jackson, or is it speculation based on the Boyd marriage?

Do you have the birth certificate of any of their three children born in St Olave Southwark which would show her maiden name? (all three are on FreeBMD).  As their eldest son was born at the end of 1837 what makes you think they married in 1834? But I can't see a marriage in Hunts on Hunts Marriage Index which goes up to 1837. And there's nothing on Pallot's marriage index.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline jerper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St.Ives, Birth-Sarah Jackson
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 October 07 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,
The only thing I have that i'm sure about is the birth certs.( of the three boys born in Southwark )show the maiden name as Jackson and also they had a forth boy born in Bury St. Edmunds 1853. As to the marriage it was a hopeful guess after looking at the Boyds Index. As yet I have not had an answer to the Hauxton question.
Regards
John P.
John Pearl researching Pearl,Jackson.