Author Topic: Help  (Read 3129 times)

Offline ange

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Help
« on: Monday 27 December 04 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Could anybody please give me a little bit of help, I'm looking for John Heron and his parents Ralph & Jane. On the IGI I have found John's baptism on the 8th Sept 1824 at St Hilda's South Shields.
The next time I can find him is on the 1851 census in Carlisle, Cumberland with his wife Ann Bulman.
I can't find any trace of him or his parents on the 1841 census in either Durham or Cumberland, and I have been unable to find his marriage. I can't seem to find any other trace of his parents before or after his baptism, the only thing I do know is that Ralph was a Blacksmith.
Does anyone have any idea where I can go from here?
Thanks in advance
Ange ???
researching: Evans, Smith, Soundie, Brookfield, Frost, Douglas, Heron, Weaver,Redmond, Blackford, Furmedge & McKittrick

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 04 23:07 GMT (UK) »
 This may be of some use to you 8)

1871 England Census

Ann Heron 46  Cumberland, England Wife  Toxteth Park  Lancashire   
James Heron 7  Cheshire, England Son  Toxteth Park  Lancashire   
John Heron 46  Durham, England Head  Toxteth Park  Lancashire   
Ralph Heron 15  Cumberland, England Son  Toxteth Park  Lancashire   
Thomas Heron 19  Cumberland, England Son  Toxteth Park  Lancashire   

Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ange

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hackstaple,
Thanks for the reply but I already have John, Ann and children from 1851 onward, it's before this I have a problem.
What I really need help with is finding John & Ann's marriage and John's parents.
Thanks
Ange ;D
researching: Evans, Smith, Soundie, Brookfield, Frost, Douglas, Heron, Weaver,Redmond, Blackford, Furmedge & McKittrick

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk