Author Topic: Warburton, Farndon, Cheshire  (Read 1471 times)

Offline lynjohn2001

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Warburton, Farndon, Cheshire
« on: Monday 29 October 07 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am researching my family from Farndon, Cheshire and am keen to get information on Caroline Warburton, born in Farndon c1857 according to census data. I have been unable to find her birth,but she married Ellis Hughes in Liverpool in 1880. I would be grateful for any information and to make contact with anyone who also has her in thier tree.  Many thanks, Lynda Johnston, researching Hughes, Fowles, Warburton, Ince & Sockett, Farndon, Cheshire

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Warburton, Farndon, Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 October 07 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi lynjohn and welcome to Rootschat.

There is a birth on www.cheshirebmd.org.uk at Church Hulme for a Caroline WARBURTON in 1858 - could this be the one you are looking for?

The most effective way to find other people researching the same names as you is to add your surnames to the Surname Interests Table - it's available from the bottom of the page under "Your Surname Interests".

Hope this helps,
Jean

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 October 07 22:20 GMT (UK) »
The birth of a Caroline Warburton was registered in Congleton in the Dec ¼1858.
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chorlton

• RootsChat Member
  • Proudly born in Hyde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 October 07 01:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a Caroline Warburton, born 1857 in Crewe, Cheshire, in the 1861 Census at  RG9/2624/34/25 at Crewe, and shows the Sub Registration district as Tattenhall.

In 1891 at  RG12/2859/26/8
there is an Ellis & Caroline Hughes living in Farndon, Cheshire, England  (also shown as sub registration district of Tattenhall).

My guess is that they could well be the same person, using Tattenhall as the link. ?

I noticed that Ellis Hughes, shown in 1891 as also born in Farndon, appears to be shown in the Cheshire BMD as born in Tattenhall, Cheshire West.

Now, if Congleton which includes the sub-district of Church Hulme, can be linked to Tattenhall... ?
Chorlton -  Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Common - Halifax, Yorkshire & Scotland <a href="http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,198195.0.htmll">Common One Name Interests</a>
Clegg - Yorkshire
Barber - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Hadfield - Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire/Lancashire
Whitley - Yorkshire

Any census information that I have included is Crown Copyright, as per: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/legal/copyright.htm