Author Topic: Utah address  (Read 1714 times)

Offline daveanpat

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • The latest stowe thomas
    • View Profile
Utah address
« on: Thursday 01 November 07 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello
        Can any body help me please.I have a copy of my Ggrand fathers death cert and the address is given as Logan Utah and the road and street number is 0600248, is there anyone who knows how the numbers represent exactly where this is, as I am hopeing to find it on Google earth?

David
Stowe/Stow oxfordshire and Warwickshire--Sortwell anywhere--Tennant Warwickshire--Everitt Northants and Crowland --Stevens Devon --Savage Islington --Flower London ---Bailey Romford -- Marett  Jersey  -- Rawlings Bristol -- Bray Bristol -- Allen Uny lelant (devon) -- Gibbens Abingdon -- Belcher Long Wittingham -- Hart Hackney --

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Utah address
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 November 07 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Does the actual death certificate not just list the address? Or is the information you have from an index of some sort?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline daveanpat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 November 07 18:16 GMT (UK) »
HI aghadowey
                            The number is on the line that says
 Street and number, it's as though it is the road number and house/ plot number all rolled into one.

David
Stowe/Stow oxfordshire and Warwickshire--Sortwell anywhere--Tennant Warwickshire--Everitt Northants and Crowland --Stevens Devon --Savage Islington --Flower London ---Bailey Romford -- Marett  Jersey  -- Rawlings Bristol -- Bray Bristol -- Allen Uny lelant (devon) -- Gibbens Abingdon -- Belcher Long Wittingham -- Hart Hackney --

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 November 07 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Haven't ever seen anything like that on a U.S. death certificate. It's not the zip code. Would have thought there would have been some sort of street name and don't think a street number could start with '0'.

Offline daveanpat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 November 07 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
  I think it strange the way it is printed when everything else is hand written

David

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 November 07 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Ah! Think that's a certificate number or something not an address. Suspect Logan was a really small place and that would have simply been the address 'Logan'.
I saw a site once that gave population figures every ten years for U.S. but can't remember where I saw it. Here's a bit about Logan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan,_Utah

Maybe there's some sort of directory for Logan that will give more details.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 November 07 16:03 GMT (UK) »
I agree that it's a certificate number.  Looking at the Utah Death Index on Ancestry, the certificate numbers seem to start with the year in which it was filed.  If your guy died in 1906, that would explain the 06 at the start of the number.

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 November 07 07:15 GMT (UK) »
David:
Here is excellent site. Maybe  a search for the name of the party will show something of value.  http://www.lib.utah.edu/digital/unews/
Don't be surprised if you get sidetracked reading all kinds of interesting items. 
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline daveanpat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 November 07 17:59 GMT (UK) »
WOW!
           Thanks Pat
                                yipee! found him and some articles on him. what job he got and how much he got paid,wonderful.
  And he was digging a trench and it caved in on him,but he only got bruised about the legs!!!!
 All I need now is a photo of him, I don't suppose you have one of them up your sleeve do you? LOL

Again many thanks for the link
                                                          David