Author Topic: Annahavil Road Glencon - completed  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Annahavil Road Glencon - completed
« on: Friday 02 November 07 10:47 GMT (UK) »
I have just returned from a fantastic month away, England, Scotland and Ireland. It was the greatest.  The only photo that I messed up was of the Road sign for Annahavil Road, Glencon, co Tyrone NI.   If someone is able to take a photo of it and email it to me I would be ever so grateful.   I took over 700 photos while I was away, and to fudge only 1 is good going I suppose.    My Irish ancestors came from Annahavil Road, and I would love to include it in my records.
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail

Offline nagpur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annahavil Road Glencon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 November 07 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Where in Tyrone is Glencon.
Close,Madden,McNulty,McKenna,Tohill,

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 November 07 05:21 GMT (UK) »
I have scanned a page from a Street Atlas I used while in Co Tyrone, The reference is D6 and the road runs off Dungannon Road (A29) through to Newmills Road where it changes to Blacktown Road.  Hope I haven't breached any copyright laws doing this.    Thank you for the interest.  Aby

Moderator's Note: Copyright information removed
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
  Abygail

Offline nagpur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 November 07 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Aby, just to let you know I found Annahavil Rd, Lammy roadsign and a Annahavil Rd roadsign,but I could'nt find one with Glencon on it.Is there deffo one with Glencon on the sign.Please let me know and I will look again. 
Close,Madden,McNulty,McKenna,Tohill,

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 November 07 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, when I was there I found Annahavil Rd, while looking for glencon Rd Glencon as I had made the assumption that  my relies were from there, when I stopped to ask directions I was referred to someone who actually knew the family.  They took me to the family home etc.   I had travelled nth on the A29 between Dungannon and Cookstown, turned right into Annahavil Rd across it to Newmills Rd turned right again and travelled about 500 yds passing the ruins of an old gate house? on the left with Glencon Rd Glencon a short distance further on, on the right.  Aby
  Abygail

Offline dch123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Annahavil Road Glencon - completed
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 June 10 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Abygail

I have just joined rootschat and came across this message.  I now live in Belfast but I was brought up on Glencon Road and my family still live there and have done so from at least the mid 1800s.  Not sure if you ever got your photo of the sign for Annahavil rd, but if not I am likely to be home within the next 10 days or so and could take one for you. 

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 June 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
That would be great!   I really appreciate your offer.   I will be back in the area this September so if you don't get it done don't feel bad.   I have some more research to do there so if you don't mind I would love to ask you a few questions about to location of the churches that were there when my ancestors were still living there - would like to find where they are buried.
Abygail
  Abygail

Offline dch123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 08:11 BST (UK) »
Fire away with any questions.  I have started to try and trace back my own family in the last year or so and my father has quite a good knowledge of the area and the families who lived there.  If you have the name of your ancestors I will see what I can find out.   I would also have some idea as to what records exist for a few of the local churches as I have tried to research those myself (many of the records are available in microfilm at the Public Records Office in Belfast though I think it is due to close for a number of months soon as they are relocating).

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to help.