Author Topic: 1901 census look up please  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census look up please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 November 07 22:30 GMT (UK) »

So I will see if an find a John and Hannah Hughes living in Wales

I don't envy you doing that!!!.............happy hunting :D

I still can't find John E Hughes in the 1901, and I even checked the images for the whole of Longden Coleham but nothing.  I couldn't see any COX families either, although there are a few in other parishes, but no bakers ???

I wonder if it might be worth you ordering the birth certificate that we mentioned earlier, using his mother's name as a checking point, to find out where he was born. 

John Edward J Hughes born Dec Q 1894 Atcham.

Atcham registration district does cover a large area -
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/REG/districts/atcham.html

While you're waiting for it to arrive I'll keep searching the 1901 ;)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 November 07 09:11 GMT (UK) »

Hi Lloydy

I know Hughes in Wales  ::) lots of them!!!

I did find several Hannah Hughes, with parents Hannah & John Hughes, but as we do not know which area of Wales Hannah was from/living it could be any of them.

I think you are right, to order his birth certificate, and take it from there.

I still cannot find him in 1901 either  ::)

Thank you for looking.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 November 07 23:28 GMT (UK) »

Hello again

I'm still not having much luck with the 1901...........where's he hiding ???

When you get the birth certificate please post full details, and then we can carry on with this mystery ;)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 December 08 12:19 GMT (UK) »

Hello

He was born 1894, in Shrewsbury.

Have you got his birth certificate?  If so, please post full details.

I can't seem to find them at the moment but am still looking :)

Hello Lloydy

I have just received a copy of his birth certificate.

John Edward Jones Hughes
born. 23rd Sept 1894 10, Old Coleham, Shrewsbury.
No dads name.  :(
Mother Annie Hughes.

Don't know where auntie Margaret got Hannah Hughes from  ::)

I hope we can find them now  ;)

Thank you.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 20:56 GMT (UK) »

Hello again

It's been a long time.........and unfortunately since our last search I no longer have access to the census :'( :'( I can't help you with that bit I'm sorry.

The only thing I could suggest that although John was obviously illegitimate, the fact that Jones was listed as one of his names may indicate that his father was a Jones.....not much help really :(

I do hope that another member sees this post and will be able to help with the 1901 search.

Good Luck :)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

Just got back online myself since the New Year  :-\

thanks

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline Allie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 January 09 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pettsy  :)

~~~ to Lloydy~~~ love your picture of Little Lloydy

Not sure about this 1901 entry but cannot rule it out either....age is out and the relationships are wrong which is a problem. Not unheard of though!!

21 School Lane, Coleham

John Hughes, Head aged 62
Emma, his wife aged 59, Laundress..own account
Annie, daughter, Charwoman aged 32
Martha, dau aged 30 Charwoman
Jennie, dau aged 28, Laundress
John, Nephew aged 13

All born Shrewsbury
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Shropshire research interests: Betton, Boliver, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Griffiths, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Rogers, Weston, Wilson