Author Topic: Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk photo offer!  (Read 5078 times)

Offline beenie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk photo offer!
« on: Friday 02 November 07 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I am going up to Stranraer next weekend and will be visiting Stoneykirk and Kirkmaiden graveyards, and will be more than happy to take any photos of any ancestors graves for anyone,  please let me know.
Regards
Beenie
Milwain, Hill, McCracken, McCulloch, Chalmers, Kelly, McMillan, Shields, McClurg, Kirkmaiden and Stoneykirk

Offline Shanty

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk photo offer!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 December 07 22:18 GMT (UK) »
I wish I had seen this before.  Do you think you could let me know the next time you go to that area? 

Actually, it is the Kirkmadrine Cementary that I was hoping to get pics for.  My ggggrandfather David Airdrie and ggggrandmother are buried there apparently.

Thanks,
Shanty

Airdrie, Ardrie, Walker, Fleming, Walsh

Offline beenie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 December 07 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shanty,
We are going again hopefully about Easter time, hope that's not too long to wait!
We didn't get to Kirkmadrine this time, but will be sure to next time we go. I checked in the MI book and found this, I don't know if you have this, hope it's the right people.
Erected by Thomas Airdrie in memory of his father David Airdrie who died 26th March 1894 aged 94 years. Elizabeth Arbuckle wife of David Airdrie who died April 17th 1886 aged 85 years. Also Mary their daughter who died August 29th 1864 aged 42 years. Also Elizabeth who died March 6th 1870 aged 22 years. Also Sarah Airdrie died 18th Nov 1906 aged 79 years. Also the above Thomas Airdrie died Dunragit 21 April 1908 aged 65 years.
Do you have any census records for them? if not I can send them to you.
Regards
Beenie
Milwain, Hill, McCracken, McCulloch, Chalmers, Kelly, McMillan, Shields, McClurg, Kirkmaiden and Stoneykirk

Offline Shanty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 December 07 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Beenie,
Your reply is much appreciated!

I do have the information about David, Elizabeth and family.  Someone was kind enough to post this information elsewhere in RootsChat (can't remember where though)  Good memory, but it's short!  David was David & Mary's son, and sister to my gggrandmother Jemima Airdrie. 

As for census records, yes I do have death records for these folks but the birth and marriage records for David and Elizabeth have managed to elude me.  David was supposedly born in Donaghadee, CO Down, Ireland so that explains the fun I've been having with his birth record.

If you do go to the Kirkmadrine cemetary, would I be imposing too much to request some digital photos of their gravestones?  Spring would be just fine as I am SURE I won't be done my family tree by then.

One of these years, I am going to get to Scotland for a visit because my searches have gotten me very intrigued about the area, it's history, it's people and it's geography.

-Shanty

Offline Shanty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 April 08 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Beenie,

Have you had a chance to get to Kirkmadrine yet this spring?  I was wondering if your offer of photos at the cemetary was still available?

Thanks
-Shanty

Offline beenie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 April 08 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Shanty,
I'm sorry, I didn't get to Scotland over Easter but am hoping to go sometime in May/June, I will be sure to take the photos you requested, I'm making a list, so if anyone else wants any please let me know.
Regards
Beenie

Offline Shanty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 05 April 08 01:39 BST (UK) »
That is very kind of you Beenie.  Thanks so much.

-Shanty

Offline mcanlen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 April 08 04:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Just read this post & was wondering if I could add a couple of names to your list?? My 3rd great Grandparents, James & Susannah Brown died in Stoneykirk in 1920(Susannah) & 1921(James), now i'm not sure if they are buried there, but I would love it if you could have a quick look for me if you have time. James wa born apprx 1839 & died March 1921 & Susannah was born apprx 1840 & died June 1920.
Best Wishes
Colene