Author Topic: Brickwall - Help!  (Read 3170 times)

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
Brickwall - Help!
« on: Tuesday 28 December 04 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Some 15 years ago I paid a researcher to trace my Laverick ancestors of Monkwearmouth, Bishopwearmouth and Sunderland areas.   In the 1851 census for Sunderland in the Deptford Chapel area,  he found my ggggrandfather John was born in MWM c.1824.  At the time of John's marriage in 1850 he was residing at Deptford BWM and his son was also born at Deptford.  John's father was Thomas,  listed on the marriage certificate as a shipwright like his son,  and the only Thomas Laverick marriage in MWM was in 1807 to Sarah Unthank.  The researcher did not find John's birth or any of his siblings.  Could the information misleading as I have got nowhere in these past years. 
:-\ :-\ :-\    ?  A dead end!!  What would be my next step?  Any suggestions?? 

Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline janmoore

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall - Help!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 December 04 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi juddee

Still searching, eh?

Just a thought - have you contacted Geoff on this board also researching Laverick?

You can search rootschat from the link at the top of the page.

Jan
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Durham: Small, Jackson, Mackings, Hedley, Bell
Leicestershire: Moore, Burrows, Upton, Flamson
London: Lock, Seton, Goldacre, Ervin
Yorkshire: Normandale, Machin/Mackin/Mackings

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall - Help!
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 January 05 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janmore

Sorry so long in replying forgot about this post until yesterday.  I will contact Geoff and see if we have any Lavericks in common.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards  Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />