Author Topic: DWYER Ellen  (Read 2481 times)

Offline topsie3v

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DWYER Ellen
« on: Sunday 04 November 07 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
I am new to this site.  I have been researching for several years but have come to a halt on the family of my 2nd Great Grandmother Ellen DWYER.I do know that she was transported to Tasmania for 7 years and was shipped out on the Martin Luther in 1852. Her trial was held on 4/07/1851 in Kilkenny City.
I would dearly love some help in finding her parents.  On the papers that I got from Tasmania it showed that she had Brothers, John, James, Edward sister Maria
Thank you for reading this

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DWYER Ellen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 November 07 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi topsie3v

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

For clarification and background : since DWYER / O'DWYER is  a common name

According to the Tasmanian Colonial Family Links  Index:
http://www.archives.tas.gov.au/nameindexes
this is the Ellen DYWER who married Luke TAYLOR who was about 1833, is that right? Their application to marry was made in 1853 - on that database, it states she was a convict off the "Martin Luther" and he was free.

The IGI has:
Luke TAYLER and Ellen DWYER marriage (extracted record)  19 Dec 1853 - stating he was 27 and she was 20

Have you seen this website?
http://www.dwyerclan.com/Transportation_Records.htm
On that, Ellen's  is record nr 17, and it states she was 25  - so that would make a year of birth around 1826!

If she married and died in Australia, did her marriage or death records give any indications about her parents? And her age?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)