Author Topic: Census records Completed  (Read 14226 times)

Offline Coline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shaws
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 July 09 05:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Grandma and all other Shaw Searchers,
I am interested in more info on your John Shaw and descendants. My 4x Gr-Grandfather was John Shaw b. about 1766 and d.1869 - age 103 yrs, Drumramer, Cloghogue, Ahoghill, Co. Antrim. At present I have 3 sons for this John. His wife was Margaret - surname unknown.
John Shaw b. abt 1791, William Shaw b. abt 1790, and Samuel b. 1800 - Samuel married Margaret Cunningham. From records we have it seems both John and William also married Margarets - surnames unknown.
William was my 3x Gr-Grandfather and I have substantial trees for all 3 families. I am very happy to share this information to anyone with the same interests.
Regards,
Coline.

Offline hopelessold

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census records Completed
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 20:24 BST (UK) »
I think I have traced my ancestors to this line.  The birth dates line up for the birth dates listed in the marriage of James Shaw (b. ~1826, 7 of Drumramer) to Mary Anne Cunningham (of Ballylummin) on 29 April 1848.  The Marriage Registration lists James father as John.  This appears to correspond to the John born about 1791 in your post.  I would be intersted in any information you have on this family.
Thanks

Offline mwshaw1973

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 December 14 16:22 GMT (UK) »
hello hopelesssold,

my name is Marcus and i have been researching the Shaw's of antrim for about 5 or 6 years, James Shaw born 1826 is my great grandfather (x3) he did indeed marry Mary Ann cunningham and from my research they had two children James (1855) and Mary Rachel (1868). on the marriage record for James Shaw (married 1848) it states that James's father is john Shaw a farmer but as yet i have unable to confirm with complete confidence that john Shaw born 1791 clog, ahoghill antrim is james's father any information you might have would be most welcome.

many thanks

Offline hopelessold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 December 14 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marcus

I do not have definitive records that establish a direct tie.  I have some circumstantial evidence I found on my own and received additional information from Coline who posted above.  Coline indicated that John's father was John whose gravestone in Ahoghill lists his date of death as 1869 at age 103.

I am descended from James' son William who was named one of the executors of James' will.  I can send additional information I have on James and others if you wish. 

You can contact me at (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Kenneth Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 09 November 20 03:26 GMT (UK) »
hello
James Shaw (1827-1902) is my great x2 grandfather, through his son John Shaw and my mother Muriel Shaw (1930 - ).  I am keen to confirm James Shaw father - who I think was John Shaw (1766- 1869) and establish previous ancestors. I am trying to get back to John Shaw of Ballygalley, brother of James Shaw. It was James Shaw and his wife Isabella built Ballygalley Castle, Antrim Ireland in 1625.
kenneth