Author Topic: Does anyone have access to Leighton Buzzard PR's?  (Read 8682 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Does anyone have access to Leighton Buzzard PR's?
« on: Friday 09 November 07 17:23 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has access to the Leighton Buzzard parish registers I am really interested in the details of the marriage of Kate Elizabeth Tibbetts in 1893 in Leighton Buzzard to Frederic Graves. I am just curious about him and where he was from as they both do not appear together in 1901 - in fact I cannot find Kate at all.

Also if possible the marriage in 1906 for Alice Louisa Tibbetts - she married either Edward Hoar or James Stanley L Wilding.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Alex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have access to Leighton Buzzard PR's?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 November 07 17:37 GMT (UK) »
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 November 07 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Because I checked out the other couple and found that Elizabeth Avis Edwins (nee Holloway) died in 1897 aged 38.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 November 07 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Ok, What were Kate's details up until marriage?
Let's see what we others can find, with a couple more clues.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 November 07 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Ok

Kate was born 1868 or 1869 in Kings Sutton, Northamptonshire. Her birth wasn't registered - unless she was registered as just Elizabeth in 1868.
She was the daughter of William Thomas Tibbetts a Coal Merchant and Annie Gibbs a Dressmaker - daughter of George Gibbs - Tailor of Leighton Buzzard.

In 1871 she is with her family in Kings Sutton and also in 1881. By 1891 she was working with China and Glass in Isleworth, Middlesex. Then she married in 1893 in Leighton Buzzard. Her parents seem to have separated as in 1891 her parents are both living in Kings Sutton but her father is a lodger in another home - a little odd for such a small village. In 1901 he is living alone and Annie and her family are living with her father George Gibbs in Leighton Buzzard.

I do not know if she or her sister Alice had a son Leonard James Tibbetts born 1887 - who is down as great grandson of George Gibbs in 1901 - and was staying with one of his Gibbs uncles in 1891.

I have searched the 1901 census for Kate with so many variations - without a surname and all kinds of other things. I have also checked the passenger lists on findmypast to see if she went abroad before 1901 but found nothing.

So just at a bit of a loss - she was the sister of my partner's great grandfather.

Thanks!

Alex

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 November 07 18:08 GMT (UK) »

Hi Alex.....

Unless Pauline spots anything in the I can have a look tomorow for you.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 November 07 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Based on the age of Kate. Here is a reasonable candidate for hubby (in 1881). http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=uki1881&indiv=try&h=84663

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 November 07 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Tazzie - I really appreciate it!

x

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 November 07 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pauline - it does look likely!