Author Topic: Parry - Bowden Jersey  (Read 1181 times)

Offline LauraEJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parry - Bowden Jersey
« on: Friday 09 November 07 22:23 GMT (UK) »
I believe tha Louisa Parry was born on Jersey. She married William Henry Bowden (not from Jersey), and their first child was born on Jersey c1837. Does anyone have parish records that would show her marriage or birth? Thanks very much.
Jones - Little Hinton, Wiltshire. Robinson - Rutland. Trigg - Uppingham, Rutland. Freeman - Rutland, Whitehouse - Birmingham, Chilman - Surrey Gloucs Leics.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Parry - Bowden Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 November 07 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Laura

I've looked through the indices for a Parry birth and marriage and can't find any Parry's at all!

How confident are you that the name is Parry? Perree (pronounced Perry) is quite a common name.

Stewart

Offline LauraEJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Parry - Bowden Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Stewart-

A family member who has been researching the Bowdens for years is confident that she was a Parry. I have tried to contact him since reading your post, and he isn't about, so unable to check what his source is. Might be getting back to you on that if there is any doubt. Maybe she wasn't born there, but met her husband there. Odd that there is no record of her marriage though, as there is no record of it in the UK either. Maybe they were never married - annoying of them if so !

Thanks again

Laura
Jones - Little Hinton, Wiltshire. Robinson - Rutland. Trigg - Uppingham, Rutland. Freeman - Rutland, Whitehouse - Birmingham, Chilman - Surrey Gloucs Leics.