Author Topic: Kelly/Baynham  (Read 5612 times)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly/Baynham
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 November 07 11:38 GMT (UK) »

Sleep well - I must take a break now and get some lunch,  will see if I can find any more bits later - if I do I will leave them here for you to find when you wake up

All the best

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 November 07 07:51 GMT (UK) »

Frederick BAINHAM from Lyonshall married Elizabeth BURGWYNNE in Eardisley on 5th August 1802.
Lyonshall is about 2 miles from Kington in Herefordshire where there is an area called Baynham's Yard.
This was a local family like the Burgwynnes and there are still some about these days.
Look on the Herefordshire Forum on Rootschat to see other Baynham researchers.

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 November 07 08:20 GMT (UK) »

Children of Fred and Liz baptised at Lyonshall :
William baptised in 1805
Harriet baptised 1808
Eliza baptised 1811
John baptised 1813

Offline Bonnie66

• RootsChat Member
  • Its never too late to find your "roots".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 November 07 09:13 GMT (UK) »
 ;D I think I know who you are - Lloyds and Newalls - you are from my other half? thanks for the info thats Dads side.

D

Kelly, Lloyd, Hutchinson, Baynham, Myerscough, Hodson, Jones ,Paine (Payne Pain) Wareing, Hodgetts - Ireland, Warwickshire (Birminingham), Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent), Lancashire, Herefordshire

Offline oliebarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 September 12 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hello

I realise this topic is old but I believe my family is related to your Hodsons and have a bit of further information.

Does your John Jonah Hodson born Lytham Lancs marry Ann Myerscough in Preston, Lancs in 1865?

If so, do you have his marriage certificate? Is his father Robert?

Thanks

Olie
Barton, Fletcher (Cheshire)
Goddard, Wright, Buckley, Hadfield, Wild (Derbyshire)
Hodson, Christian, O'Connoll (Lancashire, IOM)
Compstall, Chisworth, Glossop

Offline Bonnie66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 September 12 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Ollie

Yes that is my JJ Hodson - his father was William and his mother was Elizabeth Neville - his brother was Robert - does this help.
 I dont have their marriage cert but from other B/M/D certs that I have I have worked it out. Too expensive to get the cert from UK to NZ
Dyan
Kelly, Lloyd, Hutchinson, Baynham, Myerscough, Hodson, Jones ,Paine (Payne Pain) Wareing, Hodgetts - Ireland, Warwickshire (Birminingham), Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent), Lancashire, Herefordshire

Offline oliebarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 07 September 12 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Dyan

Oh, maybe not then, although its stange to have 2 Jonah Hodsons from Lytham in Lancs. When was yours born?

The Jonah in my tree was born around 1839/40 in Lytham, parents were Robert Hodson and Ann nee Whittle. The family were originally from Preston, Lancs before moving to Lytham.

In the 1841 & 1851 census Jonah was living with his parents and siblings which included a Francis, Anthony, James, Jane, Henry & Thomas.

Do you know where your Jonah was in 1841 & 51?

I was hoping they were the same but perhaps not

Olie

Offline Bonnie66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 September 12 10:23 BST (UK) »
I think we have been round this before I let you into my Ancestry site.
JJ was born on 21 March 1844
 JJ married Annie Mysescough in 1865.
1866 listed as Coal Merchant/Railway Agent, from then on he was working on the railways (from his Records on the Railway) 1871 he was Station Master at Mold where my Gt Grdma (Mary Jospehine) was born he transferred to Curzon St Aston Birmingham in 1875, 1881 and 1891 he was listed as Railway Clerk and Coal Merchant 1901 and 1911 worked in a furniture removal company.
The male members of the family plus one female all followed in his footsteps and worked on the Railways
In 1841 he was in Moose Lane ??? Chorley 1851 Allen St Chorley siblings were Margaret, William x 2 (one died after a few days), Edward, Leonard, Miles Mary Richard and Sara Elizabeth.

Dyan

Offline oliebarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 08 September 12 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Dyan

Ahh not the same then, probably linked further up the tree. It was just that I googled some names of Hodson's (siblings of my direct ancestors) and came across the threat. Then I saw the Kelly name mentioned and thought this line of enquiry could sort out a brick wall I have come across in my tree where my grt grt grandmother Sarah Hodson nee Christian is buried at RC cemetary in Ford, Liverpool along with some unknown Kelly's.

Thanks

Olie