Author Topic: James Bloodworth 1809  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Jaytilson

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Bloodworth 1809
« on: Monday 12 November 07 14:54 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a James Bloodworth born around 1809 in Sibson area, Huntingdonshire.  Any help please however small.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Bloodworth 1809
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 November 07 16:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid that any help I can give is going to be small!

I can't see a baptism of James in Hunts, which isn't surprising as many Hunts parishes refused permission for the registers to be filmed by the LDS, so there are no extracted entries on the IGI for them. Whilst Sibson registers are not on the IGI or BVRI they have been filmed so you could order the microfilm from your nearest Family History Centre of the LDS.

From the 1750s onwards the only Bloodworth burials in Hunts were in Kimbolton, at the other end of the county, and the only marriage of a male Bloodworth in Hunts in the period 1754-1837 was Charles in Kimbolton in 1782.

So James' parents were married outside Hunts. Sibson is very close to the Northants boundary and in 1841 James was living in Wittering Northants, about 5 miles from Sibson., with his wife Jane. There were a number of Bloodworths from Wittering and I suspect that this may be where James' parents were from. James married Jane Broom in Wittering on 17 Nov 1834 and they had their son there before they moved on to Wisbech. (In the 1861 census James actually gave his birthplace as Wittering, although in 1841 his birtplace was "Not in Northants", so I think he really was born in Hunts).

A Jonathan Bloodworth married Rebecca Horn on 13 Feb 1804 at Wittering - could be James' parents, but pure speculation!

I assume you details in all the censuses? If not I'll let you have them.

But I think you need to check Sibson microfilm, assuming you can't get to Huntingdon Record Office, to look for James' baptism. There's no transcript available from Hunts FHS so I'm afraid you have no other option.

Regards

David

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Jaytilson

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Bloodworth 1809
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 November 07 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi David

Many thanks for your help. I have seen all the census returns since 1841 for James Bloodworth until his death and I am aware of the different birth places he gives.
I have looked at the Sibson microfilm at Huntingdon Records Office for James baptism without trace.
Like you I had looked at the marriage of Jonathan Bloodworth to Rebecca Horn in 1804 at Wittering. When James married a second time at Wisbech in 1872 he gave his fathers name as James (deceased).
I thought maybe James was not his birth christian name and that is why I cannot find him. I have looked at all local parish records surrounding Wittering and Sibson areas for several miles again without trace.

Again many thanks for your help.
Jay